HCL - Lenovo E460 (i5-6200U)

Shakthi Kannan

Oct 18, 2016, 10:57:53 AM10/18/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The E460 hardware specification:

14"
i5-6200U
Intel IGP
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
Anti-glare screen
No OS
1.8 kg

I initially tried Qubes 3.2, but, it simply kept rebooting after
printing "dom0: detected vCPUS ...". So, I proceeded to install 3.1.

I booted with secure boot off, EFI disabled and in legacy mode. VT-d
is enabled in BIOS.

I set Dvorak keyboard as default. Keyboard, touchpad and trackpoint
work fine by default.

Display is good, and connecting to an external display works.

I have not tested the camera. Suspend to resume works partially.
Sometimes, unlocking does not allow me to log into X server, and I get
a blank screen. I have to login to console instead.

Audio has been tested. Attaching USB devices also works. Wireless works fine.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan