HCL - MSI GT72 2QD (intel Broadwell i7-5700HQ)

Щедрин Роман

Nov 7, 2015, 1:17:05 PM11/7/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mostly it works good, system is very fast.

Sleep doesn't work: system just shows lock-screen. After sleep attempt, sys-net freezes and qubes manager fails to change netvm in firewall-vm with error "lib xenlight failed to deattach network device".

Sometimes qubes freezes, and Ctrl+Alt+F2 doesn't help.

When I load with kernel 3.12 or 3.11, X (or Xorg, or KDE, I can misunderstand terminology) fails to start, and  shutdown doesn't work.

Haven't tested integrated webcam, but usb webcam works.

Thanks,
Roman Shchedrin.
Qubes-HCL-Micro-Star_International_Co.,_Ltd.-GT72_2QD-20151107-201617.yml
Qubes-HCL-Micro-Star_International_Co.,_Ltd.-GT72_2QD-20151107-201617.cpio.gz

Arqwer

Nov 29, 2015, 5:29:16 AM11/29/15
to qubes-users
Freezes occur too often and make work very inconvenient, moreover, they damage files. I don't know the reason of it, and I don't know is it hardware related problem, or I simply did something wrong, but I can not recommend  this laptop until the solution will be found.
See this thread:

Arqwer

Apr 18, 2016, 6:02:39 AM4/18/16
to qubes-users
Bios update fixes problem with dom0 freezes. Sys-net still freezes sometimes after waiting mode.
(I don't need reply)