How to change TemplateVM update method from Whonix to just another appvm?

Sphere

Aug 7, 2018, 12:10:53 AM8/7/18
to qubes-users
So upon installation of Qubes I have set updating of TemplateVMs through Whonix but now I'm actually stuck with it and I want to change it to updating through just another AppVM.

Could anyone guide me to what commands I need to use in order to fix this? (I actually wish this was an option in Qubes settings UI as well)

Patrick Schleizer

Aug 7, 2018, 1:17:23 PM8/7/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Sphere:
> So upon installation of Qubes I have set updating of TemplateVMs through Whonix but now I'm actually stuck with it and I want to change it to updating through just another AppVM.
>
> Could anyone guide me to what commands I need to use in order to fix this? (I actually wish this was an option in Qubes settings UI as well)

Qubes R4?

modify:

/etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy

Sphere

Aug 13, 2018, 8:48:37 PM8/13/18
to qubes-users

Thank you