Glitch: sys-net and sys-firewall start without "Start VM automatically on boot" setting enabled

Marc de Bruin

May 15, 2016, 4:21:54 AM5/15/16
to qubes-users
Lo,

Although I explicitly removed the checkbox at "Start VM automatically on
boot" for both sys-net and sys-firewall, they do start on boot.

No other domain is starting at boot.

Bug? Some other configuration change I need to make?

Greetz,
Marc.

Andrew David Wong

May 15, 2016, 6:35:33 AM5/15/16
to Marc de Bruin, qubes-users

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

May 15, 2016, 6:38:56 AM5/15/16
to Marc de Bruin, qubes-users

Marc de Bruin

May 15, 2016, 7:12:56 AM5/15/16
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes-users
On 05/15/2016 12:38 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 10:21:50AM +0200, Marc de Bruin wrote:
>> Lo,
>>
>> Although I explicitly removed the checkbox at "Start VM automatically on
>> boot" for both sys-net and sys-firewall, they do start on boot.
>>
>> No other domain is starting at boot.
>>
>> Bug? Some other configuration change I need to make?
> Default netvm (and other VMs required by it) is started at boot,
> regardless of its autostart setting. If you really want, you can disable
> qubes-netvm service (via systemctl), but I'd expect some problems then.

Then it should not be possible to disable that checkbox in the first
place, IMHO.

Greetz,
Marc.

wes....@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2016, 12:12:13 AM12/23/16
to qubes-users
@marc

You are right, unchecking the box "should" make them not startup. I'm sure you've already figured it out but for anyone else that finds this page I'll post the answer.

Go to /etc/systemd/system/ and comment out the line in "qubes_netvm.service" that tells the default netvm to start. Bam...

This must be done for me because everytime I restart the box I have no connection in sysnet which requires me to do various steps in order to have sysnet actually connect to the internet...very annoying. Searched for that fix but haven't figured it out yet.

B4U2DO

Andrew David Wong

Dec 23, 2016, 3:53:36 AM12/23/16
to wes....@gmail.com, qubes-users