NetVM hangs computer

Nikita Mikhailov

Jul 27, 2014, 12:36:20 PM7/27/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

NetVM completely hags my machine.(eg cant switch to vt, kill X, or turn
off).

Story:
I faced this issue right after installing QubesOS on my laptop, when
there was a screen that allowed to select VM preset. It hanged on
progress bar 'Starting Qubes OS networking..'. I hard reseted machine,
but seems like NetVM was already configured to start automatically, so
it hanged right after boot.

After that I reinstalled Qubes, but that time I selected empty preset.
Everything worked fine, I created AppVM and it worked, no hangs. After
that I tried to create NetVM, and it hanged my computer when I tried to
start it.

HCL report is attached.
Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc.-Inspiron_3521-20140727-225627.txt
Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc.-Inspiron_3521-20140727-225627.cpio.gz

mandr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 3:22:51 PM10/8/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikita,
I've same problem on my 6530. The NetVM hangs when Wireless modules are loaded.
My WiFi card uses broadcom opensource modules (bcm, b43).
Regards,
Patrick