HCL - Lenovo X121e

Rowan Crane

Oct 22, 2014, 11:06:45 AM10/22/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
This is a fairly nice little netbook machine with a matte screen, which surprisingly runs Qubes acceptably. I'm using the original HDD and 4GB of ram. It's fine for the sort of web / email / document activity you'd use such a machine for.

The i3 CPU doesn't have VT-d according to Ark, but for some (lazy?) reason the bios shows it as an option and lets you flip it, as expected HCL script reports no VT-d.

Flash plugin video / audio play within a dispvm drops some frames, but other video (html5) plays without obvious issues. Outputting the latter at full HD via HDMI is without issue.

My model does not have the fingerprint reader, but I believe that's a USB device on the models which have it.

The webcam and 3G modem are USB devices (untested), assigning the two USB controllers to a USBVM causes no problems with keyboard or any of the touch devices. There is also a PCI express card reader, I'm unsure about this from an infection vector standpoint, but am assigning it the usbvm currently.

Seems to exhibit the same failure to shutdown I've seen across other machines I've tried Qubes on, which is remedied simply by shutting down every VM before the machine itself.

Suspend works, TPM is present (well according to bios) but untested.

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-30457JG-20141022-155304.txt