HCL -- Thinkpad X230 i7-3520M CPU

Franz

May 14, 2014, 8:51:14 AM5/14/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
What I tested and works:
It shutdowns without stopping in the middle as with R2B3 (even if it takes a long time, even after closing all VMs)
Network connection is perfect both cable and wireless.
Fn + F8 or F9 change brightness

What does not work
Sleep. No network after sleep
Firewall has a yellow point after restarting the machine. But if I shutdown firewall VM  and start it again get a green one

Best
Franz
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-2306CTO-20140514-091508.txt

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

May 14, 2014, 9:06:59 AM5/14/14
to Franz, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully this is already fixed in qubes-core-vm-2.1.35, currently in testing
repo.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

signature.asc

Hakisho Nukama

May 20, 2014, 6:12:42 AM5/20/14
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Franz, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
<marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
> On 14.05.2014 14:51, Franz wrote:
>> What I tested and works:
>> It shutdowns without stopping in the middle as with R2B3 (even if it takes
>> a long time, even after closing all VMs)
>> Network connection is perfect both cable and wireless.
>> Fn + F8 or F9 change brightness
>>
>> What does not work
>> Sleep. No network after sleep
>> Firewall has a yellow point after restarting the machine. But if I shutdown
>> firewall VM and start it again get a green one
>
> Hopefully this is already fixed in qubes-core-vm-2.1.35, currently in testing
> repo.

If you start a firewallvm-terminal it changes to green.
I'm running current-testing and I've not noticed this behavior after
the recent update.

Added your laptop to HCL.

Best Regards,
Hakisho Nukama

Franz

May 20, 2014, 10:59:44 AM5/20/14
to Hakisho Nukama, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I restarted it recently, after the last update and this problem was gone.

cprise

May 20, 2014, 11:49:59 PM5/20/14

On 05/14/14 09:06, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On 14.05.2014 14:51, Franz wrote:
>> What I tested and works:
>> It shutdowns without stopping in the middle as with R2B3 (even if it takes
>> a long time, even after closing all VMs)
>> Network connection is perfect both cable and wireless.
>> Fn + F8 or F9 change brightness
>>
>> What does not work
>> Sleep. No network after sleep
>> Firewall has a yellow point after restarting the machine. But if I shutdown
>> firewall VM and start it again get a green one
> Hopefully this is already fixed in qubes-core-vm-2.1.35, currently in testing
> repo.

That would be great. I have noticed a decline in reliability both
starting and stopping vms... I think around the time kernel 3.12.18-1
was added.