KDE decoration plugin or/and GNOME support

Eva Star

Apr 28, 2016, 3:45:35 PM4/28/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

Now, fedora 23 installer works. Next step to release new Qubes R3.2 is "KDE plugin or/and GNOME support"?
What decision was made about issue?

There are several threads about waste of effort to develop new KDE5 plugin from 2015 year and later . E.g.:

What decision was made?
And if the decision is not made about KDE5 plugin, perhaps, it is worth looking towards alternatives?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 28, 2016, 6:04:28 PM4/28/16
to Eva Star, qubes-users

Eva Star

Apr 28, 2016, 6:18:39 PM4/28/16
to qubes-users, evado...@gmail.com
KDE5 plugin is implemented anyway, take a look here:

So Qubes 3.2 is going to have KDE (+Xfce).

Maybe need to change milestone at github for this issue?
Is it high priority task?

And is it possible to get sorted list by priority at github?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 28, 2016, 6:35:58 PM4/28/16
to Eva Star, qubes-users

Chris Laprise

Apr 28, 2016, 10:25:39 PM4/28/16
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Eva Star, qubes-users

On 04/28/2016 06:04 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:45:35PM -0700, Eva Star wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Now, fedora 23 installer works. Next step to release new Qubes R3.2 is "KDE
>> plugin or/and GNOME support"?
>> What decision was made about issue?
>>
>> There are several threads about waste of effort to develop new KDE5 plugin
>> from 2015 year and later . E.g.:
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1166
>>
>> What decision was made?
>> And if the decision is not made about KDE5 plugin, perhaps, it is worth
>> looking towards alternatives?
> KDE5 plugin is implemented anyway, take a look here:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1784
>
> And for now we've failed with Gnome support:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1806
>
> So Qubes 3.2 is going to have KDE (+Xfce).
>
> - --

That sounds better to me anyway. :)

Chris