HCL: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 i7-4600U

fowl...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2014, 3:11:42 PM12/13/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Model Name: Lenovo
BIOS: BOET20WW
Vt-x and Vt-d: Active

Microphone: Can't get working in my AppVMs, at least through Qubes VM Manager.

Speakers and headphones: Everything always works for sound in dom0. Sound will randomly stop working in all AppVMs. Sometimes it turns out that some bug keeps muting one of the "built in analog stereo" sliders in Kmixer. Most of the time though, I just can't fix it. Sometimes it works again after a reboot and other times not.

Keyboard: All the "normal" keys work as well as the volume and brightness keys. F4 (mute microphone) and F4's light, F7 (screenshot I think--can't really deduce from the image on the key), F8 (disable wifi), F9 (settings), F10 (search), F11 (not sure from icone), and F12(not sure again) don't do anything. The light in F1(mute) doesn't work even though F1 does. except for the lock button on the side and the Windows button underneath the screen. Backlighting is not working.

Touchpad: Mouse randomly stops working sometimes. Sometimes rebooting helps. Other times rebooting multiple times is necessary.

Touchscreen: Works very well except one time where it stopped working until reboot.

WiFi: able to connect.

Suspend: When PC goes to sleep while open I can't get to the lock screen by pressing keys--instead I have to close it and open it up again. Most of the time my computer does come out of suspend, but a couple times it hasn't. I've tried to be very vigilant about :w, but I lost a bit of data that wasn't in the Emacs #*# recovery file.

Not yet tested: camera, WiFi, usb data or input devices, multicard reader, mini-HDMI port.

Overall compatibility: When everything happens to be working at once I give the Yoga S1 a D+. Generally I'm experiencing at least one of the several on-and-off problems I mentioned above though, so overall F. I'd like to help the developers change that though if I can provide more info/ testing for them.

Noah

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Dec 13, 2014, 3:19:08 PM12/13/14
to fowl...@gmail.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:11:42PM -0800, fowl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Model Name: Lenovo
> BIOS: BOET20WW
> Vt-x and Vt-d: Active
>
> Microphone: Can't get working in my AppVMs, at least through Qubes VM Manager.

Try this order of actions:
1. start the VM (but not any application there)
2. enable mic in Qubes Manager
3. start application which uses mic

There is some bug in mic permission handling and when 2 and 3 steps are
done in oposite order, mic might not work.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki