HCL - Asus Zenbook UX501VW

afry

Sep 14, 2016, 5:09:28 PM9/14/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
My touchpad didn't work, but the touchscreen worked well. This was from
R 3.1. I wasn't able to scale the screen appropriately enough for
everyday use, it was tough to figure out how to attach the usb device to
the virtual machines, and I needed to install fuse-exfat for my usb
drives to be recognized. I really would like to be able to use this
operating system everyday, but I am finding it a little advanced for me
to figure out. I attempted to install 3.2 rc3, but I'm getting an error
message right after trying to do the partitioning, also the graphical
installer didn't show up on my screen. What has happened during this
install is:

Partition Scheme options

3)LVM

storage configuration failed: autopart failed:

Encryption requested for LUKS device nvmc01p3 but no encryption key
specified for this device.

NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#7 stuck for 22s! [Xorg:1189] <--
this is repeated a bunch of times.

I don't know if this helps.

Ann Fry

Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC.-N501VW-20160914-135929.yml