HCL report

M Astroj

Sep 24, 2014, 12:39:11 PM9/24/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have been a Qubes user off and on since its initial release.  The new release has been working very well on my system, so I though another HCL report was in order.  It is attached here.  Big changes to my system since my prior submission is the motherboard.  Am using the latest BIOS with AMD-v and IOMMU enabled.  Disabled UEFI in the BIOS, opting for legacy boot.

ASUS Sabertooth 990fx v2.0 BIOS: "SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 BIOS 2501"

On the Qubes side, have been running R2RC2 (latest release).  Using the install generated standard VMs and 2 Windows 7 HVMs.  Works as expected with a "vanilla" Win7 install (have not installed the windows tools just yet).  One HVM for VPN to the office, one to do whatever else with (acts as a template to copy from, currently).

Qubes dom0 kernel version:
*** begin ***
$ uname -r
3.12.23-1.pvops.qubes.x86_64

Backup feature, block attach feature, restore feature, all work nicely.  Video card (GeForce GTX 470) works well tool with the Qubes installer.  My AMD card (ASUS HD7750) did have some trouble a while back, so I swapped it out for the Nvidia.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.  Am eager to see how the Debian Dom0 image works and even contribute some fixes, if that's "okay".

Best regards....

Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC.-SABERTOOTH_990FX_R2.0-20140831-085437.txt