Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Install No Virtualization

szeb...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2019, 5:26:58 PM12/5/19
to qubes-users
Lenovo Thinkpad X230, let me know if you need serial number or such.

Error message on install attempt: Unsupported hardware detected
Relevant: VT-d, Interrupt Remapping (Intel i5-3320M processor, not AMD) is not enabled, without these features blah blah blah.
UEFI BIOS version: G2ET97WW (2.57)

TLDR: VT-d and Intel Virtualization Technology is ENABLED in BIOS and I'm not sure what Interrupt Remapping is in this context. Security chip is active. I'm wondering if I need a different BIOS version or if there's a workaround.

szeb...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2019, 5:46:38 PM12/9/19
to qubes-users
To add to this, Qubes detects that these features are not enabled. I'm wondering if there's a bios setting or something that might cause this or a way to work around the issue somehow.