HCL - HP EliteBook 2560p

Darren Martyn

Feb 26, 2016, 6:47:55 AM2/26/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Remarks/Notes:
Automatically going to sleep when you close the lid of the laptop and leaving it for a while is broken (machine stays "on" and eats battery), but this is expected behavior because Linux does the same thing. Suspend is unreliable, but again, Linux seems to have the same issue for whatever reason.

Video, networking, etc, all work just fine out of the box, have not noticed any issues there.

HVM (with Windows 7 as a guest, probably) is yet to be tested, can submit a followup when I get around to doing that.

The laptop slightly differs from "as stock" in that the SSD was replaced (it began having read errors), RAM was upgraded from 8 to 16 gigabytes, and the Optical Drive was replaced with a second hard drive caddy containing another SSD. These should be completely irrelevant to compatibility.

Installation was smooth with no issues whatsoever from a USB stick. Actually easier to install than Ubuntu, which says a lot.

The only "bug" or "oddity" I have noticed on the software side is that when I go to update dom0 from the VM Manager, it "blocks" the VM manager interface until the updates are completed. It also displays the "waiting for updater to launch" dialogue persistently throughout the dom0 update process. I have absolutely no idea what causes this, and it does not significantly affect usability, just might be worth noting.

Do let me know if further information is needed about anything.

Regards,
-Darren.
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_EliteBook_2560p-20160226-113116.yml