التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

ix4...@gmail.com

غير مقروءة،
04‏/06‏/2013، 6:18:37 م4‏/6‏/2013
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com
Some of these might be Fedora questions, but still baffling in Qubes:

1. How can I map the "Delete" button of my keyboard to the "Move to trash" action in the file manager? Using KDE on QubesV2R2.

2. How can I watch videos that the default totem installation can't understand (i.e. which require non-free codecs)? Installing vlc seems to require enabling other repos (blocked by Qubes firewall), and it's not obvious to me how to install whatever packages are needed to play the exotic videos my phone records (.MOV). It doesn't help that the gpk-application hangs with "waiting in queue..." every single time I try to search for a package (e.g. "totem").

3. How can I browse the filesystem of an iPhone? Ubuntu "just works" with afc:// - I can see the phone recognised in Dom0's dmesg but it's not recognised as a block device to be made available to AppVMs, therefore nothing happens in the file manager of my AppVMs.

Thanks

Alex

Marek Marczykowski

غير مقروءة،
04‏/06‏/2013، 7:23:47 م4‏/6‏/2013
إلى ix4...@gmail.com،qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 05.06.2013 00:18, ix4...@gmail.com wrote:
> Some of these might be Fedora questions, but still baffling in Qubes:
>
> 1. How can I map the "Delete" button of my keyboard to the "Move to trash"
> action in the file manager? Using KDE on QubesV2R2.

Should be doable in file manager settings. I'm afraid in each VM separately...

> 2. How can I watch videos that the default totem installation can't
> understand (i.e. which require non-free codecs)? Installing vlc seems to
> require enabling other repos (blocked by Qubes firewall), and it's not
> obvious to me how to install whatever packages are needed to play the
> exotic videos my phone records (.MOV). It doesn't help that the
> gpk-application hangs with "waiting in queue..." every single time I try to
> search for a package (e.g. "totem").

You should be able to install rpmfusion repositories in standard way (in
template of course).

> 3. How can I browse the filesystem of an iPhone? Ubuntu "just works" with
> afc:// - I can see the phone recognised in Dom0's dmesg but it's not
> recognised as a block device to be made available to AppVMs, therefore
> nothing happens in the file manager of my AppVMs.

Attach USB controller to some VM (in which you want browse) and it should just
work.

http://wiki.qubes-os.org/trac/wiki/AssigningDevices

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski

signature.asc

Gorka Alonso

غير مقروءة،
05‏/06‏/2013، 3:25:53 ص5‏/6‏/2013
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com،ix4...@gmail.com

> 1. How can I map the "Delete" button of my keyboard to the "Move to trash"
> action in the file manager? Using KDE on QubesV2R2.

Should be doable in file manager settings. I'm afraid in each VM separately...

In fact I think that doing that config in a per-VM basis is better. In a trusted VM you may want to send to trash and in a non-trusted VM I would prefer to full delete.

Joanna Rutkowska

غير مقروءة،
05‏/06‏/2013، 7:55:41 ص5‏/6‏/2013
إلى Gorka Alonso،qubes...@googlegroups.com،ix4...@gmail.com
Just to point out that, while KDE is a default environment in Dom0, the
VMs actually use Gnome environments by default, and so a Gnome File
Manager, not KDE one (unless one manually install @kde-desktop on in the
template).

j.

signature.asc

ix4...@gmail.com

غير مقروءة،
08‏/06‏/2013، 6:25:36 م8‏/6‏/2013
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com،Marek Marczykowski
On 5 June 2013 00:23, Marek Marczykowski <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
On 05.06.2013 00:18, ix4...@gmail.com wrote:
> Some of these might be Fedora questions, but still baffling in Qubes:
>
> 1. How can I map the "Delete" button of my keyboard to the "Move to trash"
> action in the file manager? Using KDE on QubesV2R2.

Should be doable in file manager settings. I'm afraid in each VM separately...

How can I do this? Cogwheel -> Preferences in the file manager (Files 3.6.3) doesn't offer any options for key bindings.

> 2. How can I watch videos that the default totem installation can't
> understand (i.e. which require non-free codecs)? Installing vlc seems to
> require enabling other repos (blocked by Qubes firewall), and it's not
> obvious to me how to install whatever packages are needed to play the
> exotic videos my phone records (.MOV). It doesn't help that the
> gpk-application hangs with "waiting in queue..." every single time I try to
> search for a package (e.g. "totem").

You should be able to install rpmfusion repositories in standard way (in
template of course).

I enabled the rpmfusion repos and installed vlc from there, but it's not happy:

[user@personal iphone00]$ vlc IMG_0798.MOV
VLC media player 2.0.6 Twoflower (revision 2.0.6-0-gbe9623c)
[0x1a8d048] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0x7fd10c001268] xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
[user@personal iphone00]$

Installing 200+MB of packages with
sudo yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-free-extras gstreamer-plugins-bad-nonfree gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg
(after having enabled rpmfusion), still does not allow the default "Videos" application to play the .MOVs correctly. I get "PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin requires additional plugins to decode this file. The following plugins are required: MPEG-4 AAC decoder, H.264 decoder. Do you want to search for these now?" Saying "search" I get told to install gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld and gstreamer1-libav which I do on the templateVM, stop the templateVM, restart my AppVM, and now the "Videos" application just crashes when attempting to open the MOVs.

> 3. How can I browse the filesystem of an iPhone? Ubuntu "just works" with
> afc:// - I can see the phone recognised in Dom0's dmesg but it's not
> recognised as a block device to be made available to AppVMs, therefore
> nothing happens in the file manager of my AppVMs.

Attach USB controller to some VM (in which you want browse) and it should just
work.

http://wiki.qubes-os.org/trac/wiki/AssigningDevices

 This worked as expected and made the iPhone filesystem available to the AppVM, but somehow killed the AppVMs networking... I only got networking  back after restarting the AppVM.

Cheers

Alex

ix4...@gmail.com

غير مقروءة،
31‏/07‏/2013، 7:05:16 ص31‏/7‏/2013
On 8 June 2013 23:25, <ix4...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5 June 2013 00:23, Marek Marczykowski <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
On 05.06.2013 00:18, ix4...@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>

> 2. How can I watch videos that the default totem installation can't
> understand (i.e. which require non-free codecs)? Installing vlc seems to
> require enabling other repos (blocked by Qubes firewall), and it's not
> obvious to me how to install whatever packages are needed to play the
> exotic videos my phone records (.MOV). It doesn't help that the
> gpk-application hangs with "waiting in queue..." every single time I try to
> search for a package (e.g. "totem").

You should be able to install rpmfusion repositories in standard way (in
template of course).

I enabled the rpmfusion repos and installed vlc from there, but it's not happy:

[user@personal iphone00]$ vlc IMG_0798.MOV
VLC media player 2.0.6 Twoflower (revision 2.0.6-0-gbe9623c)
[0x1a8d048] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0x7fd10c001268] xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
[user@personal iphone00]$

Installing 200+MB of packages with
sudo yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-free-extras gstreamer-plugins-bad-nonfree gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg
(after having enabled rpmfusion), still does not allow the default "Videos" application to play the .MOVs correctly. I get "PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin requires additional plugins to decode this file. The following plugins are required: MPEG-4 AAC decoder, H.264 decoder. Do you want to search for these now?" Saying "search" I get told to install gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld and gstreamer1-libav which I do on the templateVM, stop the templateVM, restart my AppVM, and now the "Videos" application just crashes when attempting to open the MOVs.

An update on this - it after trying gstreamer, VLC and Xine, it seems that SMplayer is the only multimedia player that has no problems with video playback using the dummy X driver used by QubesOS.

To get it, install rpmfusion repos and then smplayer on the template VM with

$ sudo yum install smplayer

Shut down the template, restart your AppVMs and you should have a functioning media player.

Alex

cprise

غير مقروءة،
15‏/10‏/2013، 8:56:03 م15‏/10‏/2013
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I just tried adding RPM Fusion and installing VLC with great success. Totem also works well (though is has to be restarted after it searches for and installs a new codec). The only format I can't play is DX50 (a type of MPEG4). There are also a couple that Totem can play that VLC cannot.

The only thing I did differently is to add the new repository directly to an AppVM, and play and install codecs in that same AppVM (e.g. the changes will disappear when I restart). I think the real reason it worked for me is that I tried it later with more updated packages, so you should try it again.

Axon

غير مقروءة،
15‏/10‏/2013، 9:05:55 م15‏/10‏/2013
إلى cprise،qubes...@googlegroups.com
So, just so that I can understand: This is not a StandaloneVM, but an
AppVM. So, VLC will disappear when you restart the AppVM, right? (But
this is what you want?)

VLC seems to work fine for me in the "conventional" way (RPM Fusion repo
added in TemplateVM).

signature.asc

cprise

غير مقروءة،
16‏/10‏/2013، 9:55:47 ص16‏/10‏/2013
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com،cprise،ax...@openmailbox.org
Disappearing is not what I wanted, but I thought it would make a nice, safe way to test things out.

I will probably make another template to accept less trusted packages: AV codecs and font packages in particular (the supplied Fedora font rendering is atrocious).

trevor.wat...@gmail.com

غير مقروءة،
29‏/05‏/2016، 8:34:42 ص29‏/5‏/2016
إلى qubes-users،ix4...@gmail.com
On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 07:23:47 UTC+8, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> You should be able to install rpmfusion repositories in standard way (in
> template of course).

Sorry, how do you do that?

I've googled and tried the instructions from rpmfusion without success.

Andrew David Wong

غير مقروءة،
29‏/05‏/2016، 8:37:52 ص29‏/5‏/2016
إلى trevor.wat...@gmail.com،qubes-users،ix4...@gmail.com

Achim Patzner

غير مقروءة،
29‏/05‏/2016، 10:24:35 ص29‏/5‏/2016
إلى qubes...@googlegroups.com
Am 29.05.2016 um 14:37 schrieb Andrew David Wong:
> Try this (in your Fedora template of choice):
>
> $ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled rpmfusion-free rpmfusion-nonfree
> $ sudo dnf upgrade --refresh

I guess that actually was his problem. Unless you're enabling a lot more
than just *-free and *-nonfree you won't really get much from them. Take
a look at the appropriate files in /etc/yum.conf.d/ and enable at least
the *-update sections, too.

Achim

trevor.wat...@gmail.com

غير مقروءة،
29‏/05‏/2016، 3:58:49 م29‏/5‏/2016
إلى qubes-users،trevor.wat...@gmail.com،ix4...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 29 May 2016 20:37:52 UTC+8, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> On 2016-05-29 05:34, trevor.wat...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 07:23:47 UTC+8, Marek
> > Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> >
> >> You should be able to install rpmfusion repositories in standard
> >> way (in template of course).
> >>

> > Sorry, how do you do that?
> >
> > I've googled and tried the instructions from rpmfusion without
> > success.
> >

> Try this (in your Fedora template of choice):
>
> $ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled rpmfusion-free rpmfusion-nonfree
> $ sudo dnf upgrade --refresh

Thanks Andrew, that worked, the instructions on the rpmfusion site have you adding the repos using urls which doesn't work
الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب
إعادة توجيه
0 رسالة جديدة