Qubes R3 over LXC

Индарил Шприц

Oct 24, 2013, 3:45:07 PM10/24/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
What one need to do to launch Qubes R3 over Linux containers?

This is may be not secure, but I look at cubes as at management system for containers to automate tasks

Outback Dingo

Oct 24, 2013, 3:58:02 PM10/24/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Индарил Шприц <indaril...@gmail.com> wrote:
What one need to do to launch Qubes R3 over Linux containers?

This is may be not secure, but I look at cubes as at management system for containers to automate tasks

Qubes R3 ?????? you means R2 right? if not, wheres the R3 iso

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Oct 24, 2013, 4:05:10 PM10/24/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Outback Dingo

http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2013/06/qubes-os-r3-alpha-preview-odyssey-hal.html

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

signature.asc

Outback Dingo

Oct 24, 2013, 4:10:08 PM10/24/13
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
On 24.10.2013 21:58, Outback Dingo wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Индарил Шприц <indaril...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> What one need to do to launch Qubes R3 over Linux containers?
>>
>> This is may be not secure, but I look at cubes as at management system for
>> containers to automate tasks
>>

> Qubes R3 ?????? you means R2 right? if not, wheres the R3 iso

http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2013/06/qubes-os-r3-alpha-preview-odyssey-hal.html

Ok, guess ill assume there is no ISO after reading that which is what i thought originally

Joanna Rutkowska

Oct 24, 2013, 4:34:49 PM10/24/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Индарил Шприц
1) Write libvirt driver for LXC (perhaps it exists already?)
2) Some config files that would define "LXC VMs" (should be trivial)
3) vchan implemention on top of LXC (should be simple)

Ah, and most important:

4) Get the Odyssey source code, which is, however, at this moment not
public. But will be soon, probably around New Year, or early the next year.

joanna.

signature.asc

ste...@enp.org

Dec 4, 2013, 5:56:12 AM12/4/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Индарил Шприц
http://libvirt.org/drvlxc.html

I'm also very interested in this (especially on debian.)  LXC with overlay filesystems (zram or backed) is easy and spares/shares resources on weak/old systems (small arm boxes or KVM/Xen VPSs, for example) for convenient resource restriction, hardening or isolation (processes or VPNs.)

Looking forward to R3!