HCL Thinkpad Yoga

Gábor Dolhai

Oct 2, 2014, 12:08:13 PM10/2/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just installed QubesOs R2 on My Thinkpad Yoga 2 days ago.
Intel I5 4200U   >>  No Vt-d
8gb ram, touchscreen (which is not working of course but would be nice if it would) , digital pen/digitizer which works or at least moving the  mouse cursor if I use the pen on the screen.
Os works well and really fast, multi touch touchpad works right away and better to use here than on windows, pretty much like apples trackpad now (nice work guys).
Wi-Fi is 7260AC and works well right away.
Sleep works well, but I noticed that the Wi-Fi went away at one time when I come back from sleep and I had to restart the machine to get it back (im a Linux beginner but wanted something really secure...)
Sound works but I had to do some rounds with the playback devices because it wanted to use the hdmi out.

Battery life is same as on windows as I see, but the machine runs a lot quieter and cooler. Its really quiet and barely hot anyway but with this OS its just better.
1080p on 12,5" is sometimes a bit small, so if somebody could point me to display scaling or something similar that would be great.

Report files attached.

Great work with the OS guys, it works really well.

Gabor
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20CDCTO1WW-20140930-102846.cpio.gz
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20CDCTO1WW-20140930-102846.txt

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Oct 3, 2014, 5:36:38 AM10/3/14
to Gábor Dolhai, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 02.10.2014 18:08, Gábor Dolhai wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just installed QubesOs R2 on My Thinkpad Yoga 2 days ago.
> Intel I5 4200U >> No Vt-d
> 8gb ram, touchscreen (which is not working of course but would be nice if
> it would) , digital pen/digitizer which works or at least moving the mouse
> cursor if I use the pen on the screen.
> Os works well and really fast, multi touch touchpad works right away and
> better to use here than on windows, pretty much like apples trackpad now
> (nice work guys).
> Wi-Fi is 7260AC and works well right away.
> Sleep works well, but I noticed that the Wi-Fi went away at one time when I
> come back from sleep and I had to restart the machine to get it back (im a
> Linux beginner but wanted something really secure...)

Perhaps reloading wifi module driver would help - "lspci -k" in netvm will
tell you which module.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki