HCL Apple MacBookPro i7 2.67GHz

Alex Dubois

Mar 9, 2013, 6:55:36 PM3/9/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Apple MacBookPro

Boot:
- Press and hold halt key while booting with Qubes DVD inserted.
- Once Apple boot manager is loaded, select the Windows DVD

Glitches noticed:
- Mouse cursor has only the first couple of lines displayed, then about 8 missing then the last 6.
- Nice blue splash screen shows dark horizontal small lines across the first quarter of the screen. (Only during install) (NVidia GT216 (GeForce GT 330M))

Problem detected:
- No network interface in netvm...
-- Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5764M Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10)
-- Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)
- No VT-d
-- xl info | grep virt_caps returns hvm :-(
--- CPU i7 M620

Alex

Alex Dubois

Mar 10, 2013, 1:18:05 PM3/10/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Bad news for MacBookPro 6,2 owners... Also the CPU supports VT-d (this was the reason I bought it at the time) the chipset doesn't...

Please find last line of this article...
http://erratasec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/thunderbolt-introducing-new-way-to-hack.html

I won't try to fix the NIC driver issue... Flying off to Lenovo.

Alex

j...@joefiorini.com

Sep 12, 2014, 4:06:53 PM9/12/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried Qubes on the 11,1? I'll be receiving my 3.0 i7 next week, and am trying to decide whether to go this route.

Alex Dubois

Sep 13, 2014, 11:48:54 AM9/13/14
to j...@joefiorini.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Alex

Main blockîg problem at the time was the USB keyboard.

The upgrade to Fedora 20 may have solve some of the problems on my MacBookPro, but I have not tried.

quar...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 5:30:06 AM11/20/15
to qubes-devel, bow...@gmail.com
I am totally new to this. Will this work with macbook unibody late 2009?