HCL - Dell XPS 13 works for r1 and upgrade to r2 beta1 (mostly)

Feb 17, 2013, 6:03:16 PM2/17/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
2nd Gen Core i5, intel graphics, sandy bridge

Able to install R1 via USB DVD drive plugged into the right USB port (usb3.0) back in October.

Able to upgrade to r2 beta 1

With both R1 and R2 beta1 the touch pad is not recognized as such, only as a two button mouse.
And the computer tends to run hot with cpu temps up to 75 deg. C, with fan changing speed frequently.

currently after boot I have to hit escape, then alt+F2, log in and then run sudo startx to get things going, I possibly missed an upgrade step...

Feb 17, 2013, 7:48:00 PM2/17/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
bios ver A03

Feb 20, 2013, 5:10:00 PM2/20/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
the temp seems better (sub 30 deg. C) after the box has been through a sleep cycle, either if went to sleep by timing out, or via k->leave->sleep