未讀,
2013年1月22日 上午9:56:092013/1/22
收件者:qubes...@googlegroups.com
Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5C
Intel Core i7-3635QM 2.40 Ghz
8Gb memory
1TB Hard Drive
8GB SSD Cache (sdb)
UVC Web Cam - Worked with pci bus 00:1a:0 attached
Nvidia Optimus Video
BIOS P04ABJ 09/19/2012

Everything appears to function properly

NOTE: CAUTION -
Must turn off Bios Fast Boot
Must put bios into OS CHM mode
Must put USB into Legacy Support
Must Turn off UEFI Secure Boot

People have reported bricking their laptops without these settings

7v5w7go9ub0o

未讀,
2013年1月22日 下午1:12:012013/1/22
收件者:qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 01/22/13 09:56, Outback Dingo wrote:
<snip>

> NOTE: CAUTION - Must turn off Bios Fast Boot Must put bios into OS
> CHM mode Must put USB into Legacy Support Must Turn off UEFI Secure
> Boot
>
> People have reported bricking their laptops without these settings

Nice Box! Thanks for posting, Outback.

errr..... when you say brick, do you mean literally permanent
destruction - or can you reset those parameters and go back to business?

Is this brickage uniquely Qubes, or with other OS's as well?

Outback Dingo

未讀,
2013年1月22日 下午2:11:272013/1/22
收件者:qubes...@googlegroups.com
its uniquely linux, there was however a fix done for ubuntu kernel which works, i had 0 issues installing ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04. however until secure boot was disabled qubes wouldnt even boot from cd/dvd or usb. i found the thread on google and was shocked by searching ubuntu samsung np700z5c bricked

i can happily state the one i have with the bios version i posted gave me 0 issues.... and has run both ubuntu and Qubes quite well

--

回覆所有人
回覆作者