Invite: Features for HbIDE & HbDBU

Assigned to itama...@gmail.com by me

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 26, 2016, 3:40:24 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hello Everybody

I am hooked to HbQt until this week end.
If you have any feature requests for HbQt in general,
HbIDE and HbDBU specifically, please speak-out.

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts

francolino

Oct 26, 2016, 4:24:21 PM10/26/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pritpal,

Hbide:

Please in the Find (CTRL F) , default  option: Start from cursor position

Hot Key for  Find in Files.

Thanks in advance.

Juan Francolino

Wilson Gamboa

Oct 26, 2016, 5:58:49 PM10/26/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com
Dear Master Pritpal
Many Thanks for your work
It's Posible manage the GPS ( read coordinates, etc ) with HBQt via QT ?
many thanks
Wilson

Att
Ing Wilson 'W' Gamboa A

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 26, 2016, 6:38:23 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hi Wilson

It's Posible manage the GPS ( read coordinates, etc ) with HBQt via QT ?

Yep.
Below is the code which I deploy in my mobile interface.

//--------------------------------------------------------------------//
//                                 GPS
//--------------------------------------------------------------------//

METHOD VouchMobileClient:setGPSOn()
#ifdef __HBQTMOBILE__
   LOCAL dir_

   ::oGPS := QGeoPositionInfoSource():createDefaultSource( ::oWnd:oWidget )
   IF ! Empty( ::oGPS )
      WITH OBJECT ::oGPS
         :setPreferredPositioningMethods( QGeoPositionInfoSource_AllPositioningMethods )
         :setUpdateInterval( 3000 )
         :startUpdates()
         :requestUpdate()
         :connect( "positionUpdated(QGeoPositionInfo)", {|oInfo| ::handleGPSInfo( oInfo ) } )

         dir_:= Directory( QStandardPaths():writableLocation( 9 ) + "/*.*" )
         AEval( dir_, {|e_| hbqt_debug( e_[ 1 ] ) } )
      ENDWITH
   ENDIF
#endif
   RETURN NIL

METHOD VouchMobileClient:getGPSInfo( cInfo )
#ifdef __HBQTMOBILE__
   LOCAL oGeoPositionInfo

   IF ! Empty( ::oGPS )
      IF hb_HHasKey( ::hGPS, cInfo )
         RETURN ::hGPS[ cInfo ]
      ENDIF
      ::oGPS:requestUpdate()
      oGeoPositionInfo := ::oGPS:lastKnownPosition()
      IF oGeoPositionInfo:isValid()
         IF oGeoPositionInfo:coordinate():isValid()
            ::hGPS[ "longitude" ] := oGeoPositionInfo:coordinate():longitude()
            ::hGPS[ "latitude"  ] := oGeoPositionInfo:coordinate():latitude()
         ENDIF
      ENDIF
      IF hb_HHasKey( ::hGPS, cInfo )
         RETURN ::hGPS[ cInfo ]
      ENDIF
   ENDIF
#endif
   HB_SYMBOL_UNUSED( cInfo )
   RETURN NIL

METHOD VouchMobileClient:handleGPSInfo( oGeoPositionInfo )
#ifdef __HBQTMOBILE__
   IF ! Empty( oGeoPositionInfo ) .AND. __objGetClsName( oGeoPositionInfo ) == "QGEOPOSITIONINFO"
      IF oGeoPositionInfo:isValid()
         ::hGPS[ "longitude" ] := oGeoPositionInfo:coordinate():longitude()
         ::hGPS[ "latitude"  ] := oGeoPositionInfo:coordinate():latitude()
      ENDIF
   ENDIF
#endif
   HB_SYMBOL_UNUSED( oGeoPositionInfo )
   RETURN Self

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 26, 2016, 6:42:58 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hi Juan

Please in the Find (CTRL F) , default  option: Start from cursor position

This is the default option already. What exactly you mean ?

Hot Key for  Find in Files.

Does not seem practical as this option is not used frequently.
Hot keys are always useful when used multiple times within a session.
OR, explain the use-case.

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 26, 2016, 7:20:31 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hi

Please in the Find (CTRL F) , default  option: Start from cursor position

I found what you want. Done. It seems logical.

Pritpal Bedi

Wilson Gamboa

Oct 26, 2016, 8:30:22 PM10/26/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com
Dear Master Many Thanks for your code
best regards

Wilson

francolino

Oct 26, 2016, 8:37:26 PM10/26/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pritpal.

In the second find with another text, the option change to ENTIRE FILE.

For Example:

  Find:  Function MYFunction

        Find: Return

I do not want to change to "Entire File".

I want to stay in "Start from cursos position".

Regards

Juan Francolino

Daniel Du Pré

Oct 26, 2016, 9:12:23 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hello Pritpal.

A suggestion: when Output console is close while HbIDE is compiling and linking, It would be a good idea to have a small progress bar or something else in the status bar to know it's working and

I'm using version r417 of HbIDE

Thanks in advance

Daniel Du Pré

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 26, 2016, 11:01:28 PM10/26/16
to QtContribs
Hi

A suggestion: when Output console is close while HbIDE is compiling and linking, It would be a good idea to have a small progress bar or something else in the status bar to know it's working and

Good feature. Done.

Pritpal Bedi

Lautaro Moreira

Oct 27, 2016, 8:38:44 AM10/27/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com, Lautaro Moreira
Hello,

My request is not for hbide, but we could have drag & drop (events) for tree and table ??

Thanks

Lautaro Moreira
Departamento de Informática
Consultora Audytax Limitada
Cel : 63345400

Daniel Du Pré

Oct 27, 2016, 9:42:59 AM10/27/16
to QtContribs
Hello Pritpal

Thanks

Massimo Belgrano

Oct 27, 2016, 10:47:35 AM10/27/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com
in hbide
Easy way of print formatted (with higlight)
remove from view meni the ideparts (and particulary the incumplete deREPORT)
A better integration of hbbu in hbide

In hbdbu
Modify sctructure and print
add a column with calculated field linke substr(myfield,3,1)
select a different order of column and sale
Jump to a column with a certain name (myfield)
having more that 250 field the problem is found right column
Capability manage ads without recompling hbdbu

Massimo Belgrano
Delta Informatica S.r.l. (Cliccami per scoprire

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 27, 2016, 11:48:24 AM10/27/16
to QtContribs
Hi Massimo

in hbide
Easy way of print formatted (with higlight)

What else be the easier way than the current employed ?
You only have to click a button and that's it. Or explain how exactly it should behave.

remove from view meni the ideparts (and particulary the incumplete deREPORT)

Yep. Done.

A better integration of hbbu in hbide

HbDBU is an object and is brought in HbIDE as is.
I agree that it does not reload/save DBU environment. I will see if it is possible or not.

In hbdbu
Modify sctructure and print

Print is already there.
Modify Structure is a little bit tedius, but I will try.

add a column with calculated field linke substr(myfield,3,1)

A lot of work. But can be implemented on adhoc basis, I mean, the column will be usable in current session only.

select a different order of column and sale

Already there. Play with "Move Left One Column" button on the left toolbar. Exit the session, reenter, it will be in the same order you left.

Jump to a column with a certain name (myfield)

Already there. Click on "Scroll to Column" icon on the top-toolbar and select column where to go.

having more that 250 field the problem is found right column

As above.

Capability manage ads without recompling hbdbu

This is not possible technically.
It is not known how to link a .dll dynamically without the .dll available to the application at run-time.
You have any clues ?

Thanks for reminding.

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software anlysis & concepts

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 27, 2016, 11:52:28 AM10/27/16
to QtContribs, lautaro...@gmail.com
Hi

My request is not for hbide, but we could have drag & drop (events) for tree and table ??

HbQt implements all such actions.
You have to add methods in your QTreeView to accept and publish drag and drops.
You can examine the source of HbIDE > Projects > New Project Wizard which this
concept is implemented in detail.

Lautaro Moreira

Oct 27, 2016, 7:04:06 PM10/27/16
to Pritpal Bedi, QtContribs
Hi,

Thank you for answering so quickly.

In the example mentioned is the drop event for framesrc , but have not found any example where the drop to operate on the tree.

and in my tests,

tree:connect( QEvent_Drop     , {|p| xfunction(p) } )

the event is not triggered.

Lautaro Moreira

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 27, 2016, 7:25:21 PM10/27/16
to QtContribs, bedipr...@gmail.com
Hi

tree:connect( QEvent_Drop     , {|p| xfunction(p) } )

You need to set some other  properties as well.
Please study the code I referred. It is not a two line solution any way.

Pritpal Bedi

Massimo Belgrano

Oct 28, 2016, 5:28:20 AM10/28/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

in hbide
Easy way of print formatted (with higlight)

What else be the easier way than the current employed ?
You only have to click a button and that's it. Or explain how exactly it should behave.

 I want print selected test with colour
I select two row + File print not able to print

Capability manage ads without recompling hbdbu

This is not possible technically.
It is not known how to link a .dll dynamically without the .dll available to the application at run-time.
You have any clues ?

add ace* dll to distrubution

i remember a xharbour way but not able find

Luigi Ferraris

Oct 28, 2016, 6:57:22 AM10/28/16
to QtContribs
Hi Pritpal,
about your invite

Il giorno mercoledì 26 ottobre 2016 21:40:24 UTC+2, Pritpal Bedi ha scritto:
Hello Everybody

I am hooked to HbQt until this week end.
If you have any feature requests for HbQt in general,

Itamar Lins

Oct 28, 2016, 9:49:41 AM10/28/16
to QtContribs

Hi!
Change CTRL + G to preserve in memory last 5 lines typing or change the control UP - DOWN of [go to line] to ComboBox and stored last 5 lines used, for exemple.

Best regards,
Itamar M. Lins Jr.

Lautaro Moreira

Oct 28, 2016, 12:01:42 PM10/28/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com, bedipr...@gmail.com
Hi,

I understand that is not a solution of 2 lines, but have failed to capture the event the drop in the treewidget, my partial implementation here:

  odlg:treewidget:setDragEnabled( .t. )
   odlg:treewidget:setDropIndicatorShown( .t. )
   odlg:treewidget:setAcceptDrops( .t. )
   odlg:treewidget:setDragDropMode( QAbstractItemView_DragDrop )
   odlg:TreeWidget:setRootIsDecorated( .F. )
   odlg:TreeWidget:setItemsExpandable( .T. )
   odlg:TreeWidget:setAcceptDrops( .t. )

   odlg:treewidget:connect(QEvent_Drop,{|oevent|msginfo("3")})
   odlg:treewidget:Connect(QEvent_DragEnter,{|oEvent|msginfo("1")})
   odlg:treewidget:Connect(QEvent_DragMove,{|oEvent|msginfo("2")})

but i'm only capture dragenter event  , i'm lost about this.

I appreciate any guidance.

What you need to do is take a line from a tableview and insert it in a treewidget, but I have not been able to capture the event on treewidget drop.

Thanks,

Lautaro

Luigi Ferraris

Oct 28, 2016, 12:05:59 PM10/28/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com
Il 28/10/2016 18.00, Lautaro Moreira ha scritto:
> I understand that is not a solution of 2 lines, but have failed to
> capture the event the drop in the treewidget, my partial
> implementation here:

Hi

can I suggest to you to take a look at hbqt/tests/draganddrop.prg
Perhaps give you an idea.

BR

Luigi Ferraris

Lautaro Moreira

Oct 28, 2016, 6:09:22 PM10/28/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com, Lautaro Moreira
Hi,

Many thanks, I'm read the example.

Lautaro

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 28, 2016, 7:10:34 PM10/28/16
to QtContribs
Hi

 I want print selected test with colour
I select two row + File print not able to print

It is already there.

1. Select a chunk of the source.
2. Right-click and select "Show Selected Text".
3. A small window will appear containing the selected text, press CTRL+P.

There cannot be anything simpler than this. Believe me.

> add ace* dll to distrubution

Which version of .dll ?
And, are you suggesting me to violate ADS licensing terms ?

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 28, 2016, 8:30:32 PM10/28/16
to QtContribs
Hi Luigi

Done, and a good one.

Done. Except for *64 methods.
Done. Some extra mileage.

Done.

NOTE: #3 and #4 above do not implement pcount() == 0.
In entire HbQt classes this construct is not implemented. If any passed parameter is not of
expected value, and the class permits to construct its instance without any, then HbQt
always constructs one.

Pritpal Bedi
a student od software analysis & concepts

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 28, 2016, 8:34:14 PM10/28/16
to QtContribs
Hi Itamar

Change CTRL + G to preserve in memory last 5 lines typing or change the control UP - DOWN of [go to line] to ComboBox and stored last 5 lines used, for exemple.

I never had any urge to remember the last absolute lines visited so far.
Can you provide a use case, and if will merit, will try to implement, but no promises.

Massimo Belgrano

Oct 29, 2016, 11:07:33 AM10/29/16
to qtcon...@googlegroups.com

It is already there.

1. Select a chunk of the source.
2. Right-click and select "Show Selected Text".
3. A small window will appear containing the selected text, press CTRL+P.

There cannot be anything simpler than this. Believe me.

this is very hidden for my brain

can you add to file menu a direct option?

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 29, 2016, 2:19:17 PM10/29/16
to QtContribs
Hi

this is very hidden for my brain

can you add to file menu a direct option?

Done. Committed - r433.

Itamar Lins

Nov 1, 2016, 9:47:59 AM11/1/16
to QtContribs
Hi!
This old request by Janio Aguiar, see:

>3) As in textpad in hbide CTRL + G goes to the desired line. However, a difference: In textpad he keeps the last location we were at the PRG. Example: standing in line 56 >press CTRL + G and go to the line 150. Standing in line 150 if I press CTRL + G again ... textpad already appears in the last position I was q (line 50). In hbide have to type >"50" to return to the line. I have much delayed me this because like me much movement within the PRG going the code for a function to check something and then r>eturning to where I was ...

He wants the behavior is the same as textpad.

Best regards,
Itamar M. Lins Jr.

Pritpal Bedi

Nov 1, 2016, 10:51:36 AM11/1/16
to QtContribs
Hi Itamar

This old request by Janio Aguiar, see:

>3) As in textpad in hbide CTRL + G goes to the desired line. However, a difference: In textpad he keeps the last location we were at the PRG. Example: standing in line 56 >press CTRL + G and go to the line 150. Standing in line 150 if I press CTRL + G again ... textpad already appears in the last position I was q (line 50). In hbide have to type >"50" to return to the line. I have much delayed me this because like me much movement within the PRG going the code for a function to check something and then r>eturning to where I was ...

Then this is entirely different feature.
You asked to remeber last 5 Ctrl+G visits.
Janio's request can be implemented normally, will do today.