Webinar - Supporting Student Wellness from a Distance, April 3

1 view

Rowena Li

Mar 31, 2020, 7:28:02 PM3/31/20
to QC Adjuncts
Dear Colleagues,

As faculty, we are experiencing a number of unprecedented changes to the nature of our teaching and interactions with students.  This includes managing our own reactions to COVID-19, as well as the impact on our students.  Join us for a conversation on supporting student wellness as we transition to distance education.  Dr. David Rivera, Associate Professor of Counselor Education in the Department of Educational and Community Programs, will share resources for identifying and addressing student wellness compromises.

Friday, April 3 12:00 - 1:00
Register here: https://bit.ly/33YBHJh

David Rivera, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Counselor Education, Queens College (CUNY)

Bio: Dr. David P. Rivera is an associate professor of counselor education at Queens College-City University of New York.   He received his doctorate in counseling psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University.  He also holds degrees in psychology and counseling from Johns Hopkins University and the University of Wyoming.  A counseling psychologist by training, his professional experience includes college counseling and higher education administration.  His practical work also includes consultations and training on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.  Dr. Rivera has worked at a variety of institutions, including the University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown University, the New School University, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, and the Addiction Institute of New York. Dr. Rivera’s research focuses on cultural competency development and issues impacting the marginalization and wellbeing of people of color and oppressed sexual orientation and gender identity groups, with a focus on microaggressions.  He has published journal articles and book chapters in various areas of multicultural psychology and social justice, and his co-edited book, Microaggression Theory: Influence and Implications, was released in 2019.  Dr. Rivera is faculty with the Council for Opportunity in Education, an adviser to The Steve Fund, director of the City University of New York’s LGBTQI+ Student Leadership Program, and board member of CLAGS: Center for LGBTQ Studies.  He has received multiple recognitions for his work from the American Psychological Association, the American College Counseling Association, and the American College Personnel Association.

For information contact Michelle Fraboni (michelle...@qc.cuny.edu) or CTLO...@qc.cuny.edu

Best regards,

The Center for Teaching & Learning