Year of Korea's February Events

1 view

Rowena Li

Jan 26, 2017, 10:34:29 PM1/26/17
to QC Adjuncts
Greetings to all and Welcome to the Spring'17 Semester!

I am very excited to invite you to our events for the month of February. Come and celebrate the Year of Korea at QC! All events are free and open to the public.

Wednesday, February 1st
Location: Kiely Hall Room 150
Part I: 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunar New Year Celebration! Please join us for a drumming performance, dancing, gift presentation to children, and some rice cake soup!
Part II: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: From Korea to Harlem: How a Korean Educational System is helping students in New York's classrooms:
Haemi Cho's presentation on Democracy Prep School and the adoption of the Korean educational system
Pyong Gap Min's presentation on the Korean language movement in public schools in New York and New Jersey.
http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/promotion-of-the-korean-language-and-educational-system-in-american-public-schools-february-1/

Wednesday, February 8 @ 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm
Location: Campbell Dome
Lecture on Korean Shamanism with guest speaker Lauren Kendell
http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/lecture-on-korean-shamanism-with-guest-speaker-lauren-kendell/
Pizza and Drinks will be served!

Wednesday, February 22 @ 12:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Panel on Prospects for Korean Unification with guest speakers: Dr. Charles Armstrong, Professor of Korean Studies at Columbia University and a North Korean Refugee's testimony.
Location: TBD
http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/panel-on-prospects-for-korean-unification-with-guest-speakers-dr-charles-armstrong-professor-of-korean-studies-at-columbia-university-and-a-north-korean-refugee/

Pizza and Drinks will be served!

Cecilia