Server Error

MatthewSCA

Jan 20, 2014, 10:10:04 AM1/20/14
to qat...@googlegroups.com
The Upload File function is not working correctly for me. Whenever I upload a file I receive a Server Error notification in the Status column.

Randle Taylor

Jan 20, 2014, 12:47:40 PM1/20/14
to qat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

That could be a couple of things...Could you let me know what version of QATrack+ you are using (you can see it in the footer of any page) and what browser you are using?  There was a bug fixed recently that fixed an issue with Internet Explorer so it may be the same thing if you're not using v0.2.7.3.  If you are using IE can you try in Firefox or Chrome and let me know if you see the same problem?

Thanks,
Randy

MatthewSCA

Jan 20, 2014, 3:51:55 PM1/20/14
to qat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randle,

We are using version 0.2.7. I have tried it with Firefox and Chrome and I got the same error as before.

Thanks.
Matthew

Randle Taylor

Jan 20, 2014, 9:36:19 PM1/20/14
to qat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

I will need some additional information to help you troubleshoot.

Please use Google Chrome and follow these steps:

1) Go to the test list where you are trying to upload a file
2) Hit Ctrl+Shift+J   This will open the developer tools.
3) Click on the network tab shown here:

4. Let me know that the Status column says for the upload /qa request (e.g. 200, 403, 500 etc).

5. Click on the upload/ qa link then click on the Response tab shown below and let me know what the response was.

Also, are you running on a Linux, Windows or Mac server or...?  Are you the administrator of the installation?

If you're comfortable with it, it would also probably help if you could send me (randle...@gmail.com) a sample file and the calculation procedure you are using to analyze it.

If it's not something obvious to me after you send me that info, I'd be happy to do a remote support session (using TeamViewer or similar) if you want.

Cheers,
Randy

MatthewSCA

Jan 21, 2014, 10:39:14 AM1/21/14
to qat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randle,

The status column for the upload/qa shows 500 (Internal Server Error). In the response tab, we determined that the file was being copied to a non-existent directory which got removed for some reason. In long story short, we recreated the directory and the upload function is working perfectly fine now.

Thanks for all of your help!

Matthew

Randle Taylor

Jan 21, 2014, 10:41:57 AM1/21/14
to MatthewSCA, qat...@googlegroups.com
Great!  Thanks for the update Matthew!

e...@mcdonagh.org.uk

May 18, 2016, 7:23:46 AM5/18/16
to QATrack+
Hi Randle

We had a similar issue, but the solution was to `chown` the upload folder so that apache could write to it.

I was trying to find a way of forking your wiki instructions and sending you a pull request, but it seems you can't do that for the wiki content, only the repo itself.

You would need to add something like the following, at the end of the Installing Apache section of https://bitbucket.org/tohccmedphys/qatrackplus/wiki/v/0.2.8/deployment/linux/lapp.md

(qatrack)randlet@ubuntu:~/web/qatrackplus$ sudo chown -R www-data qatrack/media/

Kind regards

Ed

Randle Taylor

May 19, 2016, 8:40:43 AM5/19/16
to Ed McDonagh, QATrack+
Thanks! That is probably a safer solution :)