Django 1.7 meetup?

alonn

Sep 15, 2014, 1:41:37 AM9/15/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, I vaguely remember a meetup we scheduled in the summer and got postponed because of the war. Looks like Django 1.7 is a good reason to reschedule.. I particularly would love to hear about the new migrations system. Warmup etc..  (Or was it already rescheduled and I missed?)

Idan Gazit

Sep 15, 2014, 3:21:55 PM9/15/14
to PyWeb-IL
I haven't heard anything and I'd love to have another meetup.

I'm pretty burned out, is anyone else interested in organizing?

-I

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM, alonn <alon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey all, I vaguely remember a meetup we scheduled in the summer and got postponed because of the war. Looks like Django 1.7 is a good reason to reschedule.. I particularly would love to hear about the new migrations system. Warmup etc..  (Or was it already rescheduled and I missed?)

Ram Rachum

Sep 15, 2014, 3:37:20 PM9/15/14
to pyweb-il
I'll be happy to come too.

moshe nahmias

Sep 15, 2014, 4:47:13 PM9/15/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
I would love to come

שי

Sep 16, 2014, 1:15:02 AM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
+1

alexarsh

Sep 16, 2014, 1:45:31 AM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
+1

jaljoliea .

Sep 16, 2014, 4:14:21 AM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
+1

Nadav Har Tzvi

Sep 16, 2014, 5:19:50 AM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
+1
I would love to come as well :)

alonn

Sep 16, 2014, 6:40:54 AM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Benny/Shay berger ? What do you think?

Also Does anyone have an appropriate venue?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PyWeb-IL" group.

Udi h Bauman

Sep 16, 2014, 2:12:10 PM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
So, CloudLock would be happy to host the event, in our Tel-Aviv offices (מזאה 22א). Actually, we would further like to resume the regular monthly schedule & do a PyWeb every month, as we used to. There is obviously enough knowledge to share & value in sharing it.

I suggest starting next Monday (22/9), if it's not a too short notice, & decide together on the regular schedule.

As discussed before, our own Yishai Beeri & David Melamed can do some talks, & we'll try get Shai to talk on Django 1.7.

Sounds good?

Udi

‫ב-16 בספט 2014, בשעה 12:19, ‏Nadav Har Tzvi <fred...@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

alonn

Sep 16, 2014, 2:41:05 PM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks udi - hosting in CloudLock sounds great.

I think monday is a little too tight.. but I can manage if this would be the popular vote.. for me the "Killer feature" would be a talk on django 1.7, so I rather wait to see shai berge response to this thread..

and can you remind us what was Yishai Beeri & David Melamed talk topics? (I'm sure it's interesting but I don't remember.. )

moshe nahmias

Sep 16, 2014, 2:44:05 PM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
I rather have the meeting at another day of the week since it's the day of the public knowledge foundation hack day, (and I guess some others might prefer it too).

benny daon

Sep 16, 2014, 3:13:56 PM9/16/14
to pyweb-il
On 16 September 2014 21:44, moshe nahmias <mosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I rather have the meeting at another day of the week since it's the day of the public knowledge foundation hack day, (and I guess some others might prefer it too).

Although I've probably been to more Hasadna meetings than anyone else, I prefer we do it on a Monday.

Benny

Ahik Man

Sep 16, 2014, 3:28:02 PM9/16/14
to PyWeb-IL
Monday. Old tradition revived :)

Ahik

alexarsh

Sep 16, 2014, 3:46:21 PM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Monday is great.

Alex A.

Ram Rachum

Sep 16, 2014, 3:46:58 PM9/16/14
to pyweb-il
I'm also good with Monday.

Shai Berger

Sep 16, 2014, 4:59:51 PM9/16/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 16 September 2014 11:41:05 alonn wrote:

> I think monday is a little too tight.. but I can manage if this would be
> the popular vote..

Monday works for me.

> for me the "Killer feature" would be a talk on django
> 1.7, so I rather wait to see shai berge response to this thread..

Thanks for the vote of confidence -- the talk was not going to be about all of
Django 1.7 (and won't be if it's going to be this coming Monday), but only
about migrations, comparing South with the new feature.

Have fun,
Shai.

Idan Gazit

Sep 17, 2014, 1:44:26 AM9/17/14
to PyWeb-IL
Another option for hosting would be the Salesforce offices — we're in Kardan Building, right between Arlozerov and Azrieli train stations.

I think we have room for 50-60 people. And a lovely view in all directions! Here's what I see from my desk :)

Inline image 1

alonn

Sep 17, 2014, 4:40:40 AM9/17/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Shai - the new migrations system would be great!

Udi h Bauman

Sep 17, 2014, 5:05:03 AM9/17/14
to pyweb-il
Idan, we also have a nice view from Mazeh street, but whatever the group prefers

Udi h Bauman

Sep 18, 2014, 10:24:05 AM9/18/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
So, you're all welcome to a PyWeb meetup next Monday (22/Sep) on 18:30, in our office at 22א Mazeh st, Tel-Aviv (3rd flr).

Agenda:
* Shai Berger on "migrations in Django 1.7"
* David Melamed on "from code-quality to production monitoring@
* Yishai Beeri on "large scale background jobs with Twisted, Celery & Redis" (or myself, as Yishai will be landing just a few hours earlier)

Sorry for the short notice.

Thanks,
Udi

‫ב-17 בספט 2014, בשעה 11:40, ‏alonn <alon...@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

alonn

Sep 18, 2014, 10:39:18 AM9/18/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
great!

Ram Rachum

Sep 18, 2014, 10:40:36 AM9/18/14
to pyweb-il
Thanks for hosting Udi!

Avraham Serour

Sep 21, 2014, 8:14:22 AM9/21/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Do I need to confirm presence or just show up?

Udi h Bauman

Sep 21, 2014, 9:01:29 AM9/21/14
to pyweb-il
Just show up.

Yuri Prezument

Sep 22, 2014, 5:29:48 PM9/22/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Shai I'm squashing migrations at 12am...

Great meetup btw. Hope it becomes a regular thing again.
Thanks!

alonn

Sep 23, 2014, 3:10:56 AM9/23/14
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
Great meeting! Thanks Udi for the hosting and organization. Now - when are we scheduling the next one?

benny daon

Sep 23, 2014, 4:38:29 AM9/23/14
to pyweb-il

It was nice to meet. I've asked the guys at Zoliro to prepare a swag with books we like, so if you're into book - http://zoliro.com/pywebil.

Benny

Udi h Bauman

Sep 23, 2014, 5:18:57 AM9/23/14
to pyweb-il
As decided by the group yesterday, our schedule returns to be 1st Monday of the month, which means that the next one is on 6/Oct. I'll open soon a new meetup on Meetup.com, & invite you all to join (any suggestion for the term for members?).

Venue will be determined later (Idan, are you game for the next one?).

Agenda will contain the carried over talk on "large-scale background jobs", & hopefully also another Django talk by Shai.

Thanks a lot for coming yesterday & to the awesome speakers!

Udi