Build fail on python 2.7 and Cython 0.16

osca...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2012, 5:45:01 AM7/19/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  I am going to install pywt to my ubuntu 12.04 but receive the following error:

running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing PyWavelets.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to PyWavelets.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to PyWavelets.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'PyWavelets.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no files found matching '*.css' under directory 'doc'
warning: no files found matching '*.js' under directory 'doc'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory 'doc/build'
warning: no files found matching '*.conf' under directory 'util'
warning: no files found matching '*.sh' under directory 'util'
warning: no files found matching '*.txt' under directory 'tests'
writing manifest file 'PyWavelets.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
installing library code to build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg
running install_lib
running build_py
copying pywt/thresholding.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/functions.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/numerix.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/wavelet_packets.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/multilevel.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
copying pywt/multidim.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/pywt
running build_ext
building 'pywt._pywt' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DPY_EXTENSION -Isrc -I/usr/local/include/python2.7 -c src/_pywt.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/_pywt.o
gcc: error: src/_pywt.c: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

Would anyone have any ideas to solve this? Thank you.

Oscar

Filip Wasilewski

Jul 19, 2012, 6:02:09 AM7/19/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:45:01 AM UTC+2, osca...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

  I am going to install pywt to my ubuntu 12.04 but receive the following error:
[...]

Please try the develop branch from GitHub. I'm going to do a release in a couple of days.

pip install Cython

Filip

osca...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2012, 11:58:25 PM7/22/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply. I have tried the develop branch but the same issue happen to me. Look forward to the next release.

Oscar

mdh...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2012, 12:59:01 PM7/23/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here.  I'm running Enthought Python 7.3, which has Python 2.7 and Cython 0.16.

Trying to build from the Dev branch as suggested above and still get an error.

mdh...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2012, 2:30:07 PM7/23/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com, mdh...@gmail.com
Quick update...

I was able to download and install the latest version posted to BitBucket (last updated 2012-06-04), but only after an unzip and manual install rather than using easy_install.

Thanks for your work.  Please let us know when the knew release is ready.

Filip Wasilewski

Jul 23, 2012, 4:50:49 PM7/23/12
to pywav...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM, <mdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same issue here. I'm running Enthought Python 7.3, which has Python 2.7 and
> Cython 0.16.
>
> Trying to build from the Dev branch as suggested above and still get an
> error.
>

> On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:02:09 AM UTC-5,
sent from my stationary device
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:45:01 AM UTC+2, osca...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am going to install pywt to my ubuntu 12.04 but receive the following
>>> error:
>>> [...]
>>

>> Please try the develop branch from GitHub. I'm going to do a release in a
>> couple of days.
>>
>> pip install Cython
>> pip install git+https://github.com/nigma/pywt.git@develop

The setuptools monkey-patching is giving me a hard time. I have pushed
another change that hopefully will resolve issues related to
installing from git repository.

I have tested it on a couple boxes with virtualenv and
setuptools==0.6c11/distribute==0.6.27:

- Ubuntu 10.04 with Python 2.6 and pip 0.7.2
- Ubuntu 12.04, Python 2.7 and pip 1.1
- Debian wheezy, ditto
- Windows 7 x64, ditto

I have experienced random issues when installing packages from git
with older versions of setuptools, so you may need to do
`pip install --upgrade seuptools` or even better
`pip install --upgrade distribute`.

The setup script should automatically retrieve a proper version of
Cython if necessary (required for dev, the release will bundle all
necessary files like it should). Provided that all system build
utilities and compilers are in place, is should be possible to install
the extension from git using only:

pip install "git+https://github.com/nigma/pywt.git@develop"

Please check if this works and create a ticket on
https://github.com/nigma/pywt/issues including system information and
install command output log for any outstanding issue.

A recent snapshot archive for `setup.py install` is at
https://github.com/nigma/pywt/downloads.

The documentation snapshot is at http://pywavelets.rtfd.org. I'm
focusing on sorting out all outstanding issues and getting a Python 3
port (https://github.com/nigma/pywt/tree/py-3) so there are no new
features or api changes.

Filip

http://en.ig.ma