Pythonect 0.3.0 Released

Itzik Kotler

Jun 20, 2012, 9:09:13 AM6/20/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am pleased to announce the release of Pythonect 0.3.0, available from https://github.com/downloads/ikotler/pythonect/Pythonect-0.3.0.tar.gz

This version fixes several bugs and adds some important features.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed bug reports and feedback that went into this release!

What's New in Pythonect 0.3?
============================

Core and builtins
-----------------

- Feature #13: Improved print function. For example:

    print "My favorite number is" + ": " + str(73)

- Feature #15: Implemented Stateful Interpreter. For example:

    73
    _ -> print "My favorite number is: " + str(_)

- Feature #17: Remote procedure URL can be an expression. For example:

    fcn_73@"xmlrpc://localhost" + ":8000"

And

    fcn_73@"xmlrpc://localhost:" + str(8000)

Are both equivalent to:

    fcn_73@xmlrpc://localhost:8000

- Feature #18: Implemented Multiprocessing. For example:

    "Hello, world" -> print &

Will print "Hello, world" in a new process

- Feature #20: Backslash can be used to join two or more physical lines into a logical line. For example:

    print 7\
    3

will print:

    73

- Feature #22: Implemented None as pseudo remote protocol / URL. For example:

    fcn_73@None

And

    fcn_73@"None"

Are both equivalent to:

    fcn_73

- Issue #14: Print does not act as a pass-through statement

- Issue #16: TypeError Exceptions are not been displayed

- Issue #19: Autloading is not working in a statement

- Issue #21: Preprocessor breaks on a List with a String that contains comma

Build
-----

- Issue #12: No newline at the end of _version.py (PEP8)

Regards,
Itzik Kotler

Idan.livni

Jun 20, 2012, 10:32:09 AM6/20/12