how to make a ui slip out from maya main window

张宇

Sep 28, 2012, 1:11:49 PM9/28/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
here is a video shows an pipeline tool in maya, the setting window is slipping out from the top of maya window.
I think it's awesome, I really want to know how to made it.
it's created by pyqt
--
My Blog     Maya Programing BBS

Justin Israel

Sep 28, 2012, 1:54:37 PM9/28/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Where is the video?
> --
> view archives: http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya

张宇

Sep 28, 2012, 2:17:02 PM9/28/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
sorry for my mistake,here is the link http://vimeo.com/27662668
Sunday pipeline

Http://zhangyu.me

Justin Israel

Sep 28, 2012, 2:33:42 PM9/28/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I understand what part you are referring to in that
video. I see a normal Maya menu drop down, and the selection brings up
a normal floating dialog. What part in the video are you specifically
interested in?

张宇

Sep 28, 2012, 8:44:58 PM9/28/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I want to know about the floating dialog, the ui is animated,how
to do that, can you give me a tiny example?

Http://zhangyu.me

Justin Israel

Sep 29, 2012, 12:36:45 AM9/29/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Oh wow, I had to look really closely. You mean that small pop up dialog with the text edit field that animates really really fast? You can accomplish that with a QPropertyAnimation. You will need to be using a Qt version 4.6+

Just animate the showEvent() INTO the current size.

-- justin

张宇

Sep 29, 2012, 1:33:47 AM9/29/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Not fast but cool. I want to use it as login window.
And you are so coooool

Justin Israel

Sep 29, 2012, 12:25:50 PM9/29/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com, python_in...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean it animated to slowly? Adjust the setDuration() to a number smaller than 700ms. I set it a bit slow so that you can see what it does easily. Probably 250 will be better.

张宇

Sep 29, 2012, 1:45:07 PM9/29/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
内嵌图片 1
New question, I want to make the ui shaking when the password is wrong, but how to update the new animation after the last loop

2012/9/30 Justin Israel <justin...@gmail.com>
image.png

Justin Israel

Sep 29, 2012, 9:54:30 PM9/29/12
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
That's just a variation of the last example. But you would add extra step values in between the start and end values: