Introducing a new Pyomo-GAMS interface

Grant Seastream

Sep 15, 2017, 4:49:36 PM9/15/17
to Pyomo Forum
Hello all,

I would like to introduce a new Pyomo-GAMS solver interface. This is something that was developed over the summer and is now available on the Pyomo master branch on Github. It is already fully functional (although I'm sure it can be improved) and ready to use with the most recent Github installation of Pyomo. Users must have GAMS installed to access the solver, with the GAMS executable located somewhere on their path, or with the GAMS-Python API installed.

I hope you all may find this new capability useful. Of course, constructive feedback is welcome.

For more usage information, one can type the following into a Python interactive prompt:
>>> from pyomo.environ import SolverFactory
>>> help(SolverFactory(‘gams’))