Pyramid 1.4 (final) released

Chris McDonough

Dec 18, 2012, 3:12:37 AM12/18/12
to pylons-discuss
Pyramid 1.4 has been released. Its primary features are:

- Easy custom JSON serialization of objects returned from views.

- Partial Mako and Chameleon template rendering.

- Third-party addable view, route, and subscriber predicates.

- Subrequest support.

- Improved documentation.

A detailed "What's New in Pyramid 1.4" document is available at

http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/master/whatsnew-1.4.html

Pyramid 1.4 requires Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 or 3.3.

The documentation for the release is available at
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.4-branch/

You can install it via PyPI:

easy_install Pyramid==1.4

Enjoy, and please report any issues you find to the issue tracker at
https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/issues

Thanks!

- C

Ginés Martínez

Dec 18, 2012, 4:23:32 AM12/18/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for your great job!

2012/12/18 Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com>

- C

Jayd3e

Dec 18, 2012, 4:42:38 AM12/18/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the awesome software Pyramid team!

Domen Kožar

Dec 18, 2012, 8:25:33 AM12/18/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Great work :)

Paul Everitt

Dec 18, 2012, 8:36:48 AM12/18/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com

I just wrote a little blog post about 1.4 and custom view predicates. As I thought more about Pyramid and 1.4 and progress, I got all tingly with the joy of Christmas blah blah blah.

I wonder if it is too late to do some kind of East Coast US Pyramid meetup before PyCon? I'm willing to do much of the organizing if somebody else can front the venue and technical setup.

--Paul

Mike Orr

Dec 18, 2012, 2:59:31 PM12/18/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> A detailed "What's New in Pyramid 1.4" document is available at
>
> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/master/whatsnew-1.4.html

Thanks for these "What's New" documents, by the way. They're great for
getting up to speed with the new versions.

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Randall Leeds

Dec 19, 2012, 4:50:01 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Thanks, Chris!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

- C

Chris McDonough

Dec 19, 2012, 5:57:43 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 08:36 -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:

> I just wrote a little blog post about 1.4 and custom view predicates.
> As I thought more about Pyramid and 1.4 and progress, I got all tingly
> with the joy of Christmas blah blah blah.
>

> I wonder if it is too late to do some kind of East Coast US Pyramid
> meetup before PyCon? I'm willing to do much of the organizing if
> somebody else can front the venue and technical setup.

I'd be into it; maybe someone could supply a venue.

- C

Chris Rossi

Dec 19, 2012, 7:18:46 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
How many people, give or take?

Chris

Paul Everitt

Dec 19, 2012, 7:26:31 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com

I know you and I had discussed the North Carolina area. Someone else had previously discussed the NYC area. I'd like to make 2013 to year of taking the Pylons Project on the road, so let's put everything on the table.

Think you could get 60-70 people interested for a NYC meetup? I'd be interested in doing a Pyramid tutorial like the one at the Plone Conference, if there's interest in that format and price point.

I also wouldn't mind doing a bigger Pyramid tutorial before PyCon, if that could be pulled off.

--Paul

Chris Rossi

Dec 19, 2012, 10:17:51 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Well, we'd talked about a Sprint.  But I can look into what might be available around here.  I'd be fine going to NYC as well.  What kind of format are you thinking about?  Long tutorials?  Conference-style talks?  A little of both?

Chris

Paul Everitt

Dec 19, 2012, 10:21:34 AM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com

A day of talks preceded by one or two day tutorial. Basically, the original Pyramid/Pylons meetup plus tutorials.

--Paul

Blaise Laflamme

Dec 19, 2012, 1:53:51 PM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
NYC would probably be possible for me

Chris Rossi

Dec 19, 2012, 4:25:45 PM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
I have access to a venue that can hold about 40 people comfortably, up to 60 people not so comfortably for talks.  For tutorials where people would want desk space, a dozen or so could work.  It would have to be over a weekend.  It would be very cheap.  And it's in a very walkable part of Durham, NC with restaurants and bars and music venues.  There are also options in the triangle for larger venues if we'd need one.  No idea how many people it would attract.

How many of you would come to such a thing?

Wayne Witzel III

Dec 19, 2012, 4:35:51 PM12/19/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com, ch...@archimedeanco.com
I'd be up for it, what month are we thinking?

- Wayne

Luke D

Dec 21, 2012, 11:02:53 AM12/21/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com, ch...@archimedeanco.com
I haven't been able to make the TriZPUG meetings lately, but if there was a Pyramid gathering I would make sure I attended.
I don't really have access to a venue, but I can help with setup/tear-down or providing some other material help in Durham or elsewhere in the Triangle.

Ronan Amicel

Dec 21, 2012, 6:42:03 PM12/21/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
The home page at http://www.pylonsproject.org/ still links to Pyramid 1.3.

I see that you commited a change, but it has apparently not been deployed:
https://github.com/Pylons/pylonshq/commit/b6a7434a5d8a8ac7c774417d3e299a39aadd8319

- C

Chris McDonough

Dec 21, 2012, 9:37:49 PM12/21/12
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 00:42 +0100, Ronan Amicel wrote:
> The home page at http://www.pylonsproject.org/ still links to Pyramid
> 1.3.
>
> I see that you commited a change, but it has apparently not been
> deployed:
> https://github.com/Pylons/pylonshq/commit/b6a7434a5d8a8ac7c774417d3e299a39aadd8319

Yes, thanks. We're having some issues rolling it out, should be fixed
soon.

- C