Minimum step sized rejected and NaNs problem.

Cristale Garnica

Jan 26, 2017, 10:42:07 AM1/26/17
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear all,

My name is Cristale Garnica. I am working on implementing FR algorithm to simulate a Wall-jet configuration.

I created a simple mesh to start and an .ini file, but I have been getting NaNs problems when I don't use a controller and error 'Minimum sized time step rejected' while using a controller.

I tried to reduced the time step until 1e-8 without any success.Can you guide me in a way of solving this issue?

My mesh and .ini files  are attached to this email. Thank you for your help.

Respectfully,

Cristale Garnica
Basic.ini
Basic.msh

Vincent, Peter E

Jan 28, 2017, 6:50:26 PM1/28/17
to Cristale Garnica, PyFR Mailing List
Hi Cristale,

You only appear to have two P2 elements over the entire jet as it enters the domain - so it is likely under-resolved. You probably need to make the mesh finer there as a starting point. Also, the jet appears to enter parallel and adjacent to a no-slip wall. Is that by design?

What is the objective Re and Ma?

Cheers

Peter

Dr Peter Vincent MSci ARCS DIC PhD