Question about class ProgressBar(object):

Kiny Wan

Jun 26, 2020, 11:11:11 PM6/26/20
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear all, I find that the variable 'self.stelap' in progress_bar.py means the elapsed simulation times, however,  'self.stelap = self.stcurr - self.strtrt' is confused. Is ''self.strtrt' should be replaced with 'self.ststrt'?

 class ProgressBar(object):
def __init__(self, start, curr, end, dps=2):
        self.ststrt = start
        self.strtrt = curr
        self.stend = end
        self.dps = dps
        self._wstart = time.time()
        self._last_wallt = 0.0
        self._ncol = shutil.get_terminal_size()[0] or 80
        self._nbarcol = self._ncol - 24 - 2*len('{:.{}f}'.format(end, dps))
        self.advance_to(curr)
    def advance_to(self, t):
        self.stcurr = min(t, self.stend)
        self.stelap = self.stcurr - self.strtrt

Kiny Wan

Jun 26, 2020, 11:20:06 PM6/26/20
to PyFR Mailing List
I highlighted the keywords as follow:

Dear all, the variable 'self.stelap' in progress_bar.py means the elapsed simulation times, however,  'self.stelap = self.stcurr - self.strtrt' is confused. Is ''self.strtrt' should be replaced with 'self.ststrt'?

Freddie Witherden

Jun 26, 2020, 11:21:59 PM6/26/20
to PyFR Mailing List

No, the code is correct as-is.  This is needed to handle the case where one is restarting a simulation.  Here, the elapsed progress is the difference between where we currently are (self.stcurr) and where we are restarting from (st.rtrt).  This enables the progress bar to differentiate between progress which was made before the current restart action and that which has been made since we restarted; the former is signified by a + whilst the latter is signified by a =.

Regards, Freddie.

On 26 Jun 2020, at 22:11, Kiny Wan <wlc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all, I find that the variable 'self.stelap' in progress_bar.py means the elapsed simulation times, however,  'self.stelap = self.stcurr - self.strtrt' is confused. Is ''self.strtrt' should be replaced with 'self.ststrt'?

Kiny Wan

Jun 27, 2020, 8:35:53 AM6/27/20
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Freddie,