setup.py

Mahmood Naderan

Mar 21, 2018, 3:42:15 PM3/21/18
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In the user guide, it is said to run the setup.py [1]. However, that
scripts needs some commands and options. Those are not described in
the user guide.

$ python3.6 setup.py
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.py cmd --help

error: no commands supplied

I appreciate if someone explains more.

Regards,
Mahmood

Yoshiaki Abe

Mar 21, 2018, 6:20:30 PM3/21/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Mahmood,

I would recommend to build and install from the source using cmake:
Then, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=the path to libcgns.so.

It is also important to appropriately link HDF5 library in libcgns.so, which is discussed in the following thread:

Best regards,
Yoshiaki

Mahmood Naderan

Mar 22, 2018, 7:53:23 AM3/22/18
to Abe, Yoshiaki, pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
OK I will try that. Meanwhile, I see that only three files are copied
to /usr/local/

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pyfr-1.7.5-py3.6.egg
/usr/local/bin/pyfr
/usr/local/bin/mako-render

I guess that virtualenv (which you recommend) is a mean to install
pyfr in a custom location. Am I right? If not, please let me know how
to install in a custom loation rather than /usr/local

Regards,
Mahmood