Mappable Initial solution for PyFr

Gabriel Axtmann

Dec 20, 2016, 2:16:13 AM12/20/16
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi,
since I want to perforam a transitional flat plate boundary layer calculation, I want to start at Re=100.000 at my inlet. Therefore is it possible to access the coordinates at the inlet and export them in order to map a predefined initial solution (tabulated one), or even better, is it possible to map another field solution (same mesh, but structured) to the whole flowfield?

It is a simple compressible Blasius Boundary Layer solution.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel Axtmann

Dec 21, 2016, 4:09:15 AM12/21/16
to PyFR Mailing List
No one has an advice? Sorry to bother you guys, but this is kind of urgent ;-)

Freddie Witherden

Dec 21, 2016, 10:28:06 PM12/21/16
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriel,
Currently, it is not possible to move solutions between grids. However,
when defining an initial condition you may specify a functional form
that is permitted to depend on x, y, z. For example:

rho = sin(x + y) * z + 0.1

If all you have is a tabulation you might try performing a decomposition
of some description in order to obtain a functional form.

Regards, Freddie.

signature.asc

Gabriel Axtmann

Dec 22, 2016, 2:48:08 AM12/22/16
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Freddie,
thank you for your answer.
I will try what you suggested, anyway, if define an array of e.g. u_initialize = (1,2,3,4,5,6,....) which size is equal to the y-coordinates of the inlet patch. I am not able to access them by setting up a for loop:
for i in range(len(y)):
   u[i]=u_init[i]*u_infty