Acoustic propagation with PyFR

kiny wan

Oct 12, 2019, 1:04:43 AM10/12/19
to PyFR Mailing List
Hello everyone. Recently, I used PyFR to simulate a Gauss wave propagating in a uniform flow with Mach number 0.5. Imperfectly, there exist errors between the result of PyFR and that of analytical solution. Figure 1 shows the comparison of perturbed pressure at time t=5. It is apparent to find the difference in this simple example. The detailed setup is attached in Gauss_wave.zip and I want to ask if there is low dissipative and low dispersive method in PyFR for aeroacoustic propagation?

comparison.png

Figure 1. Comparison of perturbed pressure at t=5.

Gauss_wave.zip
Message has been deleted