Is more verbosity possible?

Robert Sawko

Mar 6, 2017, 5:52:35 AM3/6/17
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am still playing with SD7003 benchmark. When it runs, it scales really well.
I will share my results in another thread when they're ready, but I am
experiencing some strange freezing behaviors. I am almost sure this is down to
our cluster or software stack and I will be getting our system team to help me
with this on Wednesday, but I was wondering if you can suggest something to
make pyfr more verbose.

I already print everything I can from MPI and I use --verbose flag in pyfr. I
also print residuals ever 10 steps which is the only way for me to see that the
job has frozen.

Best wishes,
Robert
--
Dr Robert Sawko
Research Staff Member, IBM
Daresbury Laboratory
Keckwick Lane, Warrington
WA4 4AD
United Kingdom
--
Email (IBM): RSa...@uk.ibm.com
Email (STFC): robert...@stfc.ac.uk

Freddie Witherden

Mar 6, 2017, 9:35:23 AM3/6/17
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

On 06/03/2017 02:52, Robert Sawko wrote:
> I am still playing with SD7003 benchmark. When it runs, it scales really well.
> I will share my results in another thread when they're ready, but I am
> experiencing some strange freezing behaviors. I am almost sure this is down to
> our cluster or software stack and I will be getting our system team to help me
> with this on Wednesday, but I was wondering if you can suggest something to
> make pyfr more verbose.
>
> I already print everything I can from MPI and I use --verbose flag in pyfr. I
> also print residuals ever 10 steps which is the only way for me to see that the
> job has frozen.

I do not believe that anything in PyFR currently makes use of the
--verbose flag. However, your best best upon noticing that the code has
frozen is to attach GDB and get a backtrace. GDB is quite good these
days about understanding Python stack frames so you'll be able to see
exactly what is going on.

Regards, Freddie.

signature.asc