Gmsh meshes

Frank Muldoon

May 5, 2017, 6:48:23 AM5/5/17
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am creating meshes using Gmsh and trying to get them into PyFR, but am running into the following errors.

File "/home/fmuldoo/programs/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyfr-1.6.0-py3.6.egg/pyfr/readers/gmsh.py", line 162, in _read_phys_names
ValueError: No fluid elements in mesh

If I write out the mesh using Gmsh in NASTRAN format, FLUENT can read and display it correctly so it seems the mesh itself is OK.  Is there some specific setting that PyFR expects to be set when writing out from Gmsh?

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
New Technologies and Service

Фрэнк Херберт Малдун, к.ф.-м.н.
Новые Технологии и Сервис
195220 г. Санкт-Петербург
ул. Гжатская, д. 27, комната 205
+79313075021 (мобильный)

fmuldoo (skype)
http://tetra.fluid.tuwien.ac.at/fmuldoo/public_html/webpage/frank-muldoon.html
b.msh

Niki Loppi

May 5, 2017, 7:02:34 AM5/5/17
to pyfrmai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Frank,

Just rename your PhysicalName "internal" to "fluid" and it should work.

$PhysicalNames
7
2 2 "xy1"
2 3 "xy2"