Question about [soln-plugin-fluidforce-name]

Kiny Wan

Nov 11, 2020, 7:54:16 AM11/11/20
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear all,
        Recently, I want to use the command '[soln-plugin-fluidforce-name]' in PyFR v1.8.5 to export the surface force of a cylinder. When I open the .csv file, I found the header names are 't', 'px', 'py', 'vx' and 'vy'. Are the header names 'px' and 'py' related to the total force of the cylinder induced by pressure in x and y direction, respectively? And the header names 'vx' and 'vy' are the associated total force of cylinder induced by viscous stress?

Regards
Kiny

Freddie Witherden

Nov 11, 2020, 11:25:16 AM11/11/20
to Kiny Wan, PyFR Mailing List
Hi Kiny,

Yes, that is correct.

Regards, Freddie.

On 11 Nov 2020, at 06:54, Kiny Wan <wlc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,
        Recently, I want to use the command '[soln-plugin-fluidforce-name]' in PyFR v1.8.5 to export the surface force of a cylinder. When I open the .csv file, I found the header names are 't', 'px', 'py', 'vx' and 'vy'. Are the header names 'px' and 'py' related to the total force of the cylinder induced by pressure in x and y direction, respectively? And the header names 'vx' and 'vy' are the associated total force of cylinder induced by viscous stress?

Regards
Kiny

Kiny Wan

Nov 12, 2020, 2:22:15 AM11/12/20