configuration files of your simulation of the test case in the paper: Towards Green Aviation with Python at Petascale

Antonio Garcia-Uceda

Dec 1, 2016, 10:22:04 AM12/1/16
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear all,

Would it be possible to have the configuration ".ini" files of your simulations of the test case "flow over a T106D LPT linear cascade" of your recently published paper: Towards Green Aviation with Python at Petascale?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Antonio

Vincent, Peter E

Dec 1, 2016, 12:29:51 PM12/1/16
to Antonio Garcia-Uceda, PyFR Mailing List
Hi Antonio,

The .ini file for the ‘physics run’ is attached.

Cheers

Peter

Dr Peter Vincent MSci ARCS DIC PhD
Reader in Aeronautics and EPSRC Fellow
Department of Aeronautics
Imperial College London
South Kensington
London
SW7 2AZ
UK

web: www.imperial.ac.uk/aeronautics/research/vincentlab
twitter: @Vincent_Lab

T106D_cascade_3d-5-176.000PCC-001RCPLDG.ini

Lionel Temmerman

Dec 2, 2016, 6:08:00 AM12/2/16
to PyFR Mailing List, antonio.ga...@numeca.be, p.vi...@imperial.ac.uk
Hello Peter,

My name is Lionel. I am a colleague of Antonio and the query of Antonio comes from my queries.

For the purpose of a comparison with our finite volume solver and a discussion I am having here, I am trying to figure out what time-step you used in this computation. (I saw the movie, it is great).

Based on the ini file, my understanding is that your computation lasted 1,600,000 time-steps. The values for the time are given in a dimensionless fashion.

Based on a chord length of 0.1 m and a refernce velocity of 100 m/s and the fact that in the paper you mention having run during 2.7 chord, I get a time-step of 2 10-9 s. Could you confirm/adjust these informations?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Best regards,
Lionel

Omid Talaei

Dec 7, 2016, 3:19:07 AM12/7/16
to PyFR Mailing List, p.vi...@imperial.ac.uk
Dear Dr. Vincent,

I am wondering if you could provide "B1S0.352" mesh from your paper entitled as "Towards Green Aviation with Python at Petascale".

Best Regard,
Omid

Omid Talaei

Dec 22, 2016, 11:39:41 AM12/22/16
to PyFR Mailing List, antonio.ga...@numeca.be, p.vi...@imperial.ac.uk
Dear Dr. Vincent,

I would be so pleased if you could explain the mesh generation procedure with Gmsh, which you used for the test cases in your paper entitled as "Towards Green Aviation with Python at Petascale".

Best Regard,
Omid