pyfr import mesh

Douglas Fontes

Mar 29, 2019, 10:04:13 AM3/29/19
to PyFR Mailing List
Hello,

I am trying to use Ennova software to generate meshes for PyFR. However, Ennova does not export gmsh mesh. So, I export the mesh to .vtk format, then I use gmsh to convert .vtk mesh to .msh mesh. Despite all these conversions, PyFR is not being able to read this .msh mesh. I am sending you the error and the .msh file. Please, could you help me?

Thank you in advance.

PyFR.zip

nnunn

Apr 2, 2019, 6:50:19 AM4/2/19
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Douglas,

In the $PhysicalNames section of your test mesh, the "fluid" region has "physical entity number" = 3:

$PhysicalNames
4
2 0 "outlet/face"
2 1 "walls/face"
2 2 "inlet/face"
3 3 "fluid"
$EndPhysicalNames

But in the $Elements section of the mesh (from line 88655), both the quad and hex elements are assigned a "physical entity number" = 0.

I think this means that in _split_fluid(), the fluid (hex) elements are getting grouped with the boundary (quad) faces.
End result is that there are no fluid elements defined after the call to _split_fluid().
Looks like the necessary element info is getting lost in translation?

Nigel