Unpaired faces in mesh

Andrew Hedrick

May 25, 2018, 1:51:05 PM5/25/18
to PyFR Mailing List
The attached wedge_2.geo file produces the error
File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyfr/readers/base.py", line 194, in get_connectivity
    raise ValueError('Unpaired faces in mesh')
when attempting to run 'pyfr import wedge_2.msh wedge.pyfrm'.

If I uncomment the line '//Physical Line("wedge") = {5, 6, 7};' then the mesh will import, but running py produces the error
File "/usr/lib64/python3.4/configparser.py", line 1115, in _unify_values
    sectiondict = self._sections[section]
KeyError: 'soln-bcs-wedge'
Which makes sense because I haven't defined a soln-bsc-wedge in my ini file.

Any help correcting the geo file is much appreciated.
As a possible recommendation, would the PyFR team consider including the .geo files in their examples?
I understand they are not necessary with the mesh files currently being provided, however having the .geo files available would be helpful when attempting to create a project from scratch.
wedge_2.geo
wedge_2.msh

nnunn

May 25, 2018, 10:03:04 PM5/25/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Andrew,
As you said, you need to handle both sets of wall type faces (wedge and channel) in your .ini input file.
If you can post your .ini file, we might be able to spot the problem, and adjust the .geo file.
Nigel

Andrew Hedrick

May 30, 2018, 10:00:38 AM5/30/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Attached is the ini file as requested.  I am sure that the flow equations and parameters are not well optimized for the problem I am attempting.  My approach was it iteratively improve, the first step of which was to get a working mesh.
wedge_2d.ini

nnunn

May 30, 2018, 4:17:28 PM5/30/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Hi Andrew,

To get started, try adding the 3 wedge faces to the set of "wall" boundary faces:

//   Physical Line("wall") = {1, 3};
//   Physical Line("wedge") = {5, 6, 7};

Physical Line("wall") = {1, 3, 5, 6, 7};

In your wedge2d.ini file, all these faces will get handled by the section:

[soln-bcs-wall]
type = no-slp-wall

If you want to apply a different BC to the wedge faces, you'll need to add a section in the .ini file, e.g.

[soln-bcs-wedge]
type = hedrick-wall

Nigel

Andrew Hedrick

Jun 6, 2018, 12:51:45 PM6/6/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Thanks for your time Nigel,

You're correction makes sense now that I see it.  Implementing your change allows the mesh to import.  PyFr runs with a new error that I haven't triggered before, so I'll work on that for a bit.