Read flow field from pyfrs files

Will

Jan 19, 2018, 1:52:51 AM1/19/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear developers,

Is there any way that I can directly read or modify flow field stored in pyfrs files?

Best regards,
Will

Vincent, Peter E

Jan 19, 2018, 4:52:03 AM1/19/18
to Will, PyFR Mailing List
Hi Will,

The files are HDF5 format, so you can use any tool for viewing/editing HDF5 files.

Peter

Dr Peter Vincent MSci ARCS DIC PhD FRAeS
Reader in Aeronautics and EPSRC Fellow
Department of Aeronautics
Imperial College London
South Kensington
London
SW7 2AZ
UK

web: www.imperial.ac.uk/aeronautics/research/vincentlab
twitter: @Vincent_Lab

Will

Jan 20, 2018, 3:40:35 AM1/20/18
to PyFR Mailing List
Dear Peter,

Through extracting the pyfrs file, what I got is a 3d matrix of 233472*4*27. All elements are hex. 2nd order polynomial.

I think the 233472 means the number of cells/elements. What do the 2nd(4) and 3rd(27) dimensions mean?

Best regards,
Will