v1.104 BETA released for testing

Mark McDonald

May 16, 2013, 9:09:06 AM5/16/13
Hi All,

It's been over 3 months since the last release. Between some very busy periods at work, I've been chipping away on a few different angles. Included in this BETA release are:

  1. Upgraded to Billing Services v3. Increased Minimum SDK from 7 (Eclair) to 8 (Froyo) in support of Billing Services v3.
  2. Upgraded to latest AndroidPlot library. Now supports Bar graphs and I've changed a few of the plots to be bars rather than plain line graphs (see screenshot below). Still one major issue with the AndroidPlot library that means it does not work properly pre-ICS. Hence I've increased minimum SDK from 8 (Froyo) to 14 (ICS). Hopefully it will get fixed and I can continue to support all the way back to Froyo.
  3. Add "No Consumption Data" flag to System Edit screen. Removes consumption modes when swiping up/down.
  4. Add support for Ethernet connectivity
  5. Another fix for negative temperatures
  6. Lots of changes under the hood to support language translations.
I have an Italian translation in the pipeline however the biggest user base is now in the Netherlands. Let me know if you would like to do a Dutch translation for me.

Opt-in, install the BETA version and let me know how it goes on your device by replying to this topic.

Regards,
Mark.

Steve

May 16, 2013, 9:07:30 AM5/16/13
to pv-output-android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in :)

No issues so far for me on:

Samsung Galaxy S III
Google Nexus 7

No issues with the app, just suggestions (to suit me :))

I like the bar graphs but would prefer a different colour between the Generation and Consumption screens so I know what I'm on at a glance because I'm too lazy to read the title.

One of the systems I monitor has no consumption. When I check the "No Consumption Data" check box, it would be nice to be still able to slide up and down to get either a Generated today bar graph or a Total Generated Today shaded line graph.

Steve.