Environmental Leadership Program full scholarship for Great Lakes states

Shannon Dosemagen

Aug 11, 2016, 2:09:28 PM8/11/16
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, public-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Passing along an opportunity-- I went through this fellowship program several years ago and really enjoyed it. They have several full scholarships available for the national fellowship program for people from "Great Lakes states" (including WI and IL). Let me know if you're interested, I'd be happy to put you in contact with the program director or talk with you about my experience.

Shannon

--
Shannon Dosemagen
Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science

-----

Hello!

I am reaching out to raise awareness about a new program accessible to environmental and social change leaders that are working within the Great Lakes Region.  This leadership development program is being offered free-of-cost, thanks to local foundation support.  I am hoping that you could pass this announcement along to your colleagues, staff and networks (there is also an attached flyer).  If you have additional questions about the program, I would be happy to set up a time to chat.

Many thanks!

Jenna

---

The mission of the Environmental Leadership Program (ELP) is to support visionary, action-oriented, and diverse leadership for a just and sustainable future. ELP aims to catalyze change by providing emerging leaders with the support and guidance they need to launch new endeavors, achieve new successes, and rise to new leadership positions. Since 2000, we have created a dynamic network among 900 of the country’s top emerging environmental and social change leaders.

The National Fellowship Program offers intensive leadership and skill training, regional and national networking opportunities, and time for personal and professional reflection. Our curriculum helps emerging leaders hone their leadership styles, improve their strategy and organizational development, and strengthen their outreach to diverse constituencies.

*Thanks to the generous support of the Mott Foundation, ELP is able to offer full scholarships to individuals that are engaged in efforts to protect the Great Lakes and their connected waterways or that help communities improve access to Great Lakes amenities.

  • Participants attend 2 overnight retreats that focus on intensive leadership and skill training, as well as the reflection time needed to sustain yourself as an effective leader.
  • In addition to the 10 days of training and networking building, all Fellows receive peer mentoring and coaching as they develop their Personal Leadership Plan, a process created by ELP to help Fellows align their strengths with their personal and professional goals.
  • Upon completing the program, you will graduate and become an ELP Senior Fellow, gaining access to ELP’s 850 environmental and social change leaders from around the country.  This diverse community offers additional network building and professional development opportunities through Senior Fellow retreats, as well as active list-serves, webinars and additional programming.

All Applicants must meet the following criteria:

  • Work or reside in the 8 Great Lakes states (IL, IN, OH, MI, MN, WI, NY, PA) and engage in efforts to protect the Great Lakes and their connected waterways or help communities improve access to Great Lakes amenities.
  • Have a minimum of three years work experience or are enrolled in graduate-level academic studies
  • Have demonstrated leadership capacity
  • Articulate how their work fits connect to social and environmental change

The application deadline for the Great Lakes Scholarship (National Fellowship Program) is August 26th, 2016 at 11:59pm EST

Zachary Damato

Aug 11, 2016, 2:24:13 PM8/11/16
to Shannon Dosemagen, public-la...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com

Shannon, do they support river restoration projects?

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---

Shannon Dosemagen

Aug 11, 2016, 2:28:35 PM8/11/16
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, public-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zachary,

The fellowship program is for individuals working all across the environmental sector. As an individual you would be the one receiving funds, not the project.

Shannon

Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/wiki/mailing-lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "publiclab-midwest" group.