We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil

Shen Wan

Sep 24, 2013, 10:13:44 PM9/24/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Google Public DNS users,

Currently queries to Google DNS from Brazil (and maybe other South American countries as well) are handled by resolvers in the United States. Consequently you may experience longer latency than before. We are sorry about this inconvenience to you and are working to restart resolvers in Brazil in the near future.

mad...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2013, 4:58:23 PM10/17/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
Can you confirm this is a reaction to Pres Rousseff's statements about subjecting companies like Google to local privacy laws and local storage of user data?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/12/net-us-usa-security-snowden-brazil-idUSBRE98B14R20130912

Shen Wan

Oct 23, 2013, 2:56:28 PM10/23/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com, mad...@gmail.com
This question is off the topc of DNS. It was forwarded to Google's Public Affairs department and answered there.

souza.pau...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 7:14:37 PM11/22/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
Please, come back to Brazil, we need Google Public DNS. I beg you restart resolvers in Brazil quickly. Our poor ISP's DNS resolvers is kind of rubish, putting our web so down!

Willy Sarahan

Aug 4, 2014, 8:38:42 AM8/4/14
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
Any news about the DNS come back to Brazil?

Thanks

Bharat Kumar

Aug 24, 2014, 1:36:24 AM8/24/14
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
I see occassional latencies from India. I use Google's public DNS because my ISP (MTNL) just doesn't have the gas any time!
If Chrome says couldn't resolve DNS (with 8.8.8.8), I really wouldn't know where to go.