Re: [public-dns-discuss] Google DNS no longer resolving all my domains

Jeremy K. Chen (陳康本)

Mar 5, 2013, 4:54:46 PM3/5/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We found that our data center in Oregon area has lost connectivity intermittently to SiteGround's authoritative nameservers.  Another user has similar issue resolving devondev.com. We are looking into it.  We'll keep you updated.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Mark Morris <photo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't just switch my home DNS, I'm worried this is a problem with everyone using Google DNS to reach my sites. My entire network of sites is now unreachable via Google DNS:

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> @8.8.8.8 uplink.to
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 45438
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;uplink.to. IN A

;; Query time: 4168 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar  5 12:36:39 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 27

When I use OpenDNS, it works fine:

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> @208.67.220.220 uplink.to
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;uplink.to. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
uplink.to. 14307 IN A 184.154.160.15

;; Query time: 73 msec
;; SERVER: 208.67.220.220#53(208.67.220.220)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar  5 12:37:26 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 43

This is a major, real time  problem for me right now, thanks for any help.

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns

Jeremy Chen | Software Engineer |  jerem...@google.com

Shen Wan

Mar 6, 2013, 9:52:38 AM3/6/13
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com
I just verified that all of our resolvers can resolve uplink.to and devondev.com at this time. Do you have any other domain having issues now?