Is this service for women safety actively used in Mumbai?

1 view

Rajendra Sidhaye

May 26, 2015, 3:59:02 AM5/26/15
to PTTF General
Hi All,

Sending this message on this group since there some people from Mumbai on this.

I got a message on whatsapp that Rakesh Maria launched a service to ensure women safety while traveling alone by a rick or cab, and all that she has to do is to text the registration number of the vehicle to 9969777888 and the police will track that vehicle.

When I checked on the net, it seems to have been launched in March 2014.

The news items talk about great response in 1st 2 days.... but no further news about how many used in one year, if some incidents could be quickly tracked and prevented etc.

So, just wanted to ask if this service is active and is being actively used by the women in Mumbai, if anyone has any idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajendra