waiting-bus-less-bad

Vijay Patil

Jul 20, 2017, 8:47:49 AM7/20/17
to PTTF

"Her research shows that accurate information makes waiting more tolerable, and riding public transportation pleasant-er overall. Sure, knowing when your bus will actually get to your stop in the morning saves you from standing out in the cold unnecessarily. But accurate arrival info also makes the waiting feel shorter. "

--
Vijay

Vijay Patil

Jul 21, 2017, 1:41:18 AM7/21/17
to PTTF
Related blog post as inspiring quotes:

"How can we, as a society, help people and families find their way out of poverty and into a better life? After all, isn’t that the American dream? I strongly believe that technology, along with the use of research and data can and (dare I say) will bridge the gaps among governments, public transit agencies, private businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals to provide better access to jobs and other services. Although I’m focusing here primarily on lower-income people reaching for upward social mobility, I recognize this is a complex and multifaceted problem that involves and affects all of us. Technology, data, and research will not be the only solutions to social mobility, but empowering transit agencies with tools to better serve its riders is a vital part of the solution."