Reporting Landslide Risk spot on Expressway

1 view

Nilesh Kale

Jul 31, 2015, 2:22:10 AM7/31/15
to ptt...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I’ve send the email below to report the spots that I felt risky on PMEW to the email addresses listed on the websites. Does anyone have any specific contact where such concerns can be sent for reporting landslide risks on expressway?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nilesh Kale <niles...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Landslide Risk spot on Expressway
Date: 31 July 2015 11:34:45 am GMT+5:30

MSRDC/IRB,
Repair Incharge for MPEW

I’m attaching a few photos I took from above Amrutanjan bridge near the Khandala tunnel. These were taken on 28 June 2015.

The spot is just after crossing Amrutanjan bridge as you come from Mumbai to Pune direction on the left side. The rock seems loose with big cracks and looks dangerous if it was to fall on vehicles below. I’d like to know if this was studied and will be/is fixed in the current repair work being carried on?

Please acknowledge the receipt of this email.

FullSizeRender 30.jpg

Nilesh Kale

Jul 31, 2015, 2:28:50 AM7/31/15
to vinay...@gmail.com, ptt...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Deshpande,

I understand from MSRDC website that you are perhaps the right person to contact about the expressway maintenance issues.
Kindly see the photos attached and the email below highlighting the risk of landslides. Repairs may have  of course already taken place to this spot but still thought of highlighting this spot for sake of public safety.

Do forward it to the relevant person if you’re not the correct person to report this risk.
Begin forwarded message:

lelevijay1 .

Jul 31, 2015, 2:33:33 AM7/31/15
to ptt...@googlegroups.com, niles...@hotmail.com
Hello Nilesh,

Since you feel there is latent danger, one idea would be to send your photos, descriptions and concerns to editors of some Pune and Mumbai newspapers. Since it has potential 'news' value they might send out a reporter to the site and/or direct the subject to the appropriate offices and officials.

Regards
Vijay Lele

Ashok Datar

Jul 31, 2015, 2:56:13 AM7/31/15
to PTTF General, Sujit Patwardhan
very good work Nilesh Kale . kindly include me to allow participating in pttf group

Ashok R. Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network (MESN) &
BEST Bus Friends
http://www.mesn.org/images/logo.png
20 Madhavi, Makarand Society, S.V.S.Marg, Mahim-400 016
98676 65107/0222 444 9212 see our website : www.mesn.org

A city is developed not when poor ride or aspire for cars, but where the rich use public transport

Nilesh Kale

Aug 6, 2015, 5:01:55 AM8/6/15
to ptt...@googlegroups.com, vinay...@gmail.com, in...@msrdc.org, webe...@esakal.com, edi...@timesofindia.com
Dear Mr. Deshpande/MSRDC,

Kindly study my email sent on 31st July reporting the landslide risk. I’m still waiting for your reply on the same and if this is now addressed.
MSRDC/IRB,

<FullSizeRender 29.jpg><FullSizeRender 28.jpg><FullSizeRender 30.jpg>