Embed PTGui Pano to Facebook

Thomas Hertwig

Sep 5, 2013, 4:19:51 AM9/5/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hello

At first: my english is not so good :)

My Panoramas i have createt with PTGui "Publish to website" working very well at my Homepage.

But i have a Problem. I want to embed these panoramas to Facebook.
For example i post the link in the Status at facebook and then i want that facebook display my Pano and it do not work.

I hope you have any ideas for me to fix this problem.

Thx
Thomas

Willy Kaemena GM

Sep 5, 2013, 5:19:37 AM9/5/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
the easiest way is to modify your code in the index.html and upload a preview pic on to your server.

just paste the code below into your index.html right before closing </head> tag, fill in the appropriate values and then put your link through the fb link debugger to clear fb link cache so it will show the new preview image on fb - https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

Willy

Thomas Hertwig

Sep 5, 2013, 5:47:46 AM9/5/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
This works :) But this is not what i want :(

I want that the panorama load in Facebook and not in an another tab of the browser.

Thx

András Jacsó

Sep 5, 2013, 6:19:42 AM9/5/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't work that way anymore.
My panos were loaded the same way as youtube videos can be played on Facebook.
Unfortunately they open up a new window.
Not sure why Facebook changed the appearance probably security reasons.

Willy Kaemena GM

Sep 5, 2013, 6:23:20 AM9/5/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
yes it is the  way since FB has https