Problem with li elements, first item not available

kstubs

Sep 14, 2011, 10:14:35 PM9/14/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I need some help.  Here is sample code to look at:

When you hover over, My menu goes here, a sub menu is drawn.  Now when you hover over the visible sub menu items the cursor pointer does not display until the 2nd item.  So what is wrong with the first item?  For convenience, here is the HTML:

  <ul class="common_dropdown" zindex="10000" style="">
    <li title="Sign In" data-id="sign_in">Sign In</li>
    <li title="My Events" data-id="events">My Events</li>
  </ul>

kstubs

Sep 14, 2011, 11:06:15 PM9/14/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Well, the problem is related to clonePosition on line 911.  When I run the code without calling this, the li:hover works as expected.
ALSO:  I have another version now that uses an <a> element within the <li> element, so no li:hover but still a problem after cloning the position.

kstubs

Sep 14, 2011, 11:42:07 PM9/14/11
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm an idiot.  Where's the delete button!  Items in question are lost behind a transparent layer.